joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33.0/28 - Light Snow  - Heavy coating - WInds have veered a bit to the ENE and occasionally NE.

Although it's above freezing, the consistency of the snow does not appear to be wet and in fact is powdery and is blowing off the roof.  Very odd. 

mid teens light snow with no radar returns.  envious of you guys over in southern maine....awesome start and you will go over 2 feet with 4 inches down already.  What is creating the snow in s me? 

Good to see it snowing with no returns....I guess that means we are moistened up and when the real bands get here we will go straight to moderate and heavy snow.

God is there anything better than snow and single digit temps!  That is awesome.  Still nervous from me to you if this goes and further s and e, but at this point you just have to let go and enjoy.  heavy heavy sledding tomorrow.

The east component other then the GFS does not concern me, The key for us up here is the northern component, How far north we get this to come before the stall and the ENE movement there after, The euro came further as well as the 06z nam, Both models bumped up the qpf numbers here which is substantial by .25"-.50"

This is some high ratio stuff. I think our 7 AM  measurement was 80:1.

Piling up out there, already seeing 15-20 car accidents on 295 north of Falmouth, ME.

Really handcuffed at the office too. Blizzard warnings don't begin until 2 PM at the earliest, but we probably hit warning criteria snows before then. Don't want to issue a double headline and confuse people.

The east component other then the GFS does not concern me, The key for us up here is the northern component, How far north we get this to come before the stall and the ENE movement there after, The euro came further as well as the 06z nam, Both models bumped up the qpf numbers here which is substantial by .25"-.50"

Yeah, thanks....actually slept 7 hours last night so I didn't get the full context of the overnight runs.  A stall near or just east of the cape would give  2 feet plus to us.  I see you and I are in the same 18-24 band but very close to the 24+.  I am like 15 miles nw of 24+ and I think you are close to that as well.  Going to be awesome once the stall happens, to see how long it stalls.

This is some high ratio stuff. I think our 7 AM  measurement was 80:1.

Piling up out there, already seeing 15-20 car accidents on 295 north of Falmouth, ME.

Really handcuffed at the office too. Blizzard warnings don't begin until 2 PM at the earliest, but we probably hit warning criteria snows before then. Don't want to issue a double headline and confuse people.

I think people will just look out the window and get that it is starting to get heavy earlier than expected.  wouldn't worry about that.  very excited that you expanded 24+ almost back to me.  fingers crossed.  a great sign to be starting a storm with light under the radar snow.  It is usually the opposite, as we agonize while the virga rages.

Archived