joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went from some light flakes to steady snow in a matter of moments.....radar is just sick looking....are you working today?

Ill be live for sure at 5am tomorrow.. ill be there today, but I dont know if I will be on.. Paul this morning while im on the computers.. Matt and Mike in afternoon, then I have the overnight and tomorrow morning with matt

Ill be live for sure at 5am tomorrow.. ill be there today, but I dont know if I will be on.. Paul this morning while im on the computers.. Matt and Mike in afternoon, then I have the overnight and tomorrow morning with matt

Sounds like fun. :)

Moderate here now....great flake size.....breezy....

The sky in HVN has a very odd look, not at all the usual flat monotone gray you see with most snowstorms… It‘s all splotchy. I think maybe I’m seeing the heavy precip on it’s way, after it’s left the cloud base but before it gets to the ground. Radar would seem to support that… The Wall is imminent.

And indeed while I typed the above it began to snow. Visibly increasing in intensity... Yeah, it’s on now.

3.6" in Portland.  Still snowing nicely.  Excellent kick-start to tonight's festivities.

Nice head start! Looks like about 4" of fluff  here @ 10.9F. There was some grousing among a few parents last night when word spread that school had been canceled since most forecasts had very little accumulating snow before mid-afternoon. I thought it was a good call anyway given the risk of rapid deterioration later in the day, and now they really look like geniuses.

Saw that the updated GYX snowfall map now has me in the >24 area. That's a first for me. Enjoy.....

Moderate snow here, about 1 inch on the ground, and shockingly Stamford Public Schools are open for a half a day, despite every other district in the state and all the private schools in stamford being closed. :facepalm:

-skisheep

Yeah you guys and Westport. Have no idea why they decided to do that. 

Archived