• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm Part 2

Hoosier

On the 401 at Bayview right now. Coming down harder than I expected this early. Looks like maybe a 30 Dbz band I'm going through right now according to King City radar.

EC seems to think Hamilton is going to be ground zero with this storm but I don't see it. I'm thinking areas just N and NE of Toronto are primed for the biggest dumping.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing Rain Warnings Issued for the Lake Erie Shore...Winter Storm Warning continued for Hamilton, Southern Halton, Southern Peel and issued for Northern Niagara Region and Northern Halton Region. Snowfall Warnings continued elsewhere. EC must think some decent lake enhancement will occur along the western end of Lake Ontario. 330pm EC update has 25cm for Hamilton.

southernontarioallwarnsmall.png

Very interesting to see the slight differences between the GEM and other models. Hence EC feeling that Hamilton-Halton are going to bear the brunt. Personally I think the heaviest snow will be from Hamilton to the northern/eastern GTA as per the steady Euro. EC may find themselves issuing Winter Storm Warnings in the morning for the GTA in my opinion. I don't see any reason to not have a Storm Warning in Toronto already based on all models, besides the GEM.  Should be a great storm! Enjoy.

The 1900 RUC run is forecasting an additional 9 or 10 inches on top of the nearly 4 we have received already.  This seems a little aggressive, but hopefully it is on to something.  I know, it is the RUC but that would be amazing if it happens.

I wouldn't hold my breath... Lots of warm air currently over most of the southern and southeastern CWA is going to make it tough to push the colder air further SE as fast as models are predicting. Implications implications...

I wouldn't hold my breath... Lots of warm air currently over most of the southern and southeastern CWA is going to make it tough to push the colder air further SE as fast as models are predicting. Implications implications...

It isn't showing much for the southern part of MI.  I am just outside of Grand Rapids and the temperature is 32 or 33 here right now.  There isn't much warm air to push out of the way as long as it doesn't keep coming north.  GRR says there shouldn't be any problems this evening with snow.  I was more impressed by the amount of snow than anything.

Archived