Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest RPM...just awesome.  Pick cities:

Important to note (It may still be snowing here!)

Portsmouth 41.8"

Lawrence 38.3"

Providence 34.3"

Boston 32.8"

Worcester 31.8"

Concord, NH 24.8"

Hartford 20.8"

Hyannis 17.3"

Just insane!

It impresses me, but then I remember it had 18" for Lawrence up until six hours before the norlun and we ended up with 0.5".

I remember news crews ended up on Main St. in OS...LOL

NAM looks solid btw

That was me! I was there that Sunday morning in Old Saybrook across from North Cove.

Seriously this storm does have potential in SE CT (more than most do) but there are a bunch of issues that still neet to be resolved. 

That was me! I was there that Sunday morning in Old Saybrook across from North Cove.

Seriously this storm does have potential in SE CT (more than most do) but there are a bunch of issues that still neet to be resolved. 

No kidding!! Had it been this year I would have said hi!

But yeah I think most of the shore has IP issues at some point. Its bound to happen for a time as the low gets its act together. Still I think 12+" is very possible even there.

@Paul: CIPS also had 1/8/96 near the top as well, although that wasn't as impressive an event for SNE as 2005 (although still a major storm), and this will be missing the Mid Atlantic getting destroyed.

Very interesting to see that as an analog.  The 500mb setup isn't even remotely close to what we're seeing here  That we saw a vigorous trough working through the mid-section of the country with our main pieces of energy being down across the SE...seemed to be mainly southern stream energies phasing with the deep trough...although the northern stream was digging pretty far south so one of the pieces was probably with the northern stream

Archived