SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab Feb. SNE Banter/Disco Leggins

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How spoiled we were on the whole since 2000....most spots in New England saw 2000-2001 to 2010-2011 be one of the snowiest 10 year periods on record. There were like HECS and MECS almost yearly for someone in NE, sometimes several in a season.

I know BTVs average was like 2 feet above its long term during that 10 year stretch and half of the top 10 snowstorms since 1880 fell since 2000. That can't sustain itself.

We are regressing to the mean.

At least it still looks like winter here.   NW MA has done about as well this winter as anywhere in NE outside of the high peaks.

attachicon.gifCAM00644.jpg

Nice dude... in all honesty that looks about the same as Stowe Village on the east slope of the Greens right now.  You guys have done well relative to climo and relative to everywhere else.

It's been a rough winter, but I just can't b*tch too much as we've had consistent snow cover through several torches and are still left with 3-5" so the grass is at least covered when I look out the windows.

Just like last winter, its rough, but at least with the ground being consistently white and not seeing grass for months at a time, it still feels like winter even if snowfall is lackluster.

Had a nice snow shower come through this morning but not enough to whiten everything - just a powder coating.

I'm not sure why some are complaining.  We can't even get storms right 3 days out and we have two+ months where big storms can happen.  With the exception of a one day torch we've had pretty good winter weather for weeks now.  It's dry, but that's the way it is.

How spoiled we were on the whole since 2000....most spots in New England saw 2000-2001 to 2010-2011 be one of the snowiest 10 year periods on record. There were like HECS and MECS almost yearly for someone in NE, sometimes several in a season.

I know BTVs average was like 2 feet above its long term during that 10 year stretch and half of the top 10 snowstorms since 1880 fell since 2000. That can't sustain itself.

We are regressing to the mean.

my ten year mean is not above average, however as far as the number of big snowstorms i have to agree. Even storms not so big that blew up out of nowhere etc.

i was thinking recently that this is part of paying back climo.

even in this snowhole where i now reside there  have been at least six events well over a foot, a few more right around it and quite a few over 8 inches,etc

climo here for a double digit snowstorm is really one every three to four seasons

paying back climo is a b**ch

the mean is solidly average though at about 46 inches for this area, and if my suspicions of that average (45 to 50 inches) is ever proven wrong for this little snowhole area and actually is closer to 40 inches which is what i feel it is then we would be above average.

Archived