• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Adam

2/1 Clipper OBS Thread

Widespread reports of 6-7" amounts from Leesburg to Woodbine to Seaville. Northern Cape May county jackpot. I measured 4" myself here in Ocean City.

From my buddy in wildwood:

ahyseny7.jpg

Says about 3.5-4".

Seeing an isolated report of 7-8" from a screenshot on Facebook (don't know the person, but sounds suspect) in ocean view, NJ, cape may county.

Um, is that 5.9" report in Dover accurate? Wow...MPV for the win HM

Loved how the probabilities kept increasing both with each run but also as the system came eastward. The strong MPV / frontgen signal in the snow growth zone was excellent. I am not sure what kind of instability we had today because I don't have the tools to diagnosis that sort of thing at the moment.

Loved how the probabilities kept increasing both with each run but also as the system came eastward. The strong MPV / frontgen signal in the snow growth zone was excellent. I am not sure what kind of instability we had today because I don't have the tools to diagnosis that sort of thing at the moment.

I imagine it was pretty darn good considering the convective snow squalls that popped up on the back edge of this thing.

I imagine it was pretty darn good considering the convective snow squalls that popped up on the back edge of this thing.

There was definitely an area of -EPV or MPV given moist conditions which helped.

Yes, but do we know if it was CSI, CI, etc... ?

0.2" here so Wayne > Mount Laurel > Gilbertsville

It's amazing what elevation can do. I was snowing up here lightly, while a mile down the hill adam was sniffing the snow 

Yes, but do we know if it was CSI, CI, etc... ?

Could have been some CSI, but  to me...it didn't have that look when I caught the radar images earlier. I'm sure it was possible with pretty strong moisture and temp gradients. Nice MPV reduction can just enhance the vertical component of the circulation.  The 12z GFS sounding had a conditionally unstable look at the top of the saturated layer which isn't surprising. That can lead to more convective type stuff.

Could have been some CSI, but  to me...it didn't have that look when I caught the radar images earlier. I'm sure it was possible with pretty strong moisture and temp gradients. Nice MPV reduction can just enhance the vertical component of the circulation.  The 12z GFS sounding had a conditionally unstable look at the top of the saturated layer which isn't surprising. That can lead to more convective type stuff.

What does csi and mpv stand for?