Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/1 Clipper OBS Thread

Capt. Adam

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, is that 5.9" report in Dover accurate? Wow...MPV for the win HM

Loved how the probabilities kept increasing both with each run but also as the system came eastward. The strong MPV / frontgen signal in the snow growth zone was excellent. I am not sure what kind of instability we had today because I don't have the tools to diagnosis that sort of thing at the moment.

Loved how the probabilities kept increasing both with each run but also as the system came eastward. The strong MPV / frontgen signal in the snow growth zone was excellent. I am not sure what kind of instability we had today because I don't have the tools to diagnosis that sort of thing at the moment.

I imagine it was pretty darn good considering the convective snow squalls that popped up on the back edge of this thing.

I imagine it was pretty darn good considering the convective snow squalls that popped up on the back edge of this thing.

There was definitely an area of -EPV or MPV given moist conditions which helped.

Yes, but do we know if it was CSI, CI, etc... ?

Yes, but do we know if it was CSI, CI, etc... ?

Could have been some CSI, but  to me...it didn't have that look when I caught the radar images earlier. I'm sure it was possible with pretty strong moisture and temp gradients. Nice MPV reduction can just enhance the vertical component of the circulation.  The 12z GFS sounding had a conditionally unstable look at the top of the saturated layer which isn't surprising. That can lead to more convective type stuff.

Could have been some CSI, but  to me...it didn't have that look when I caught the radar images earlier. I'm sure it was possible with pretty strong moisture and temp gradients. Nice MPV reduction can just enhance the vertical component of the circulation.  The 12z GFS sounding had a conditionally unstable look at the top of the saturated layer which isn't surprising. That can lead to more convective type stuff.

What does csi and mpv stand for?

Archived