SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow cover going to take a huge beating this week...I can see why ski resorts are closing down for winter.

They rarely shut down for lack of snow.  Mostly it is for lack of business as winter winds down and people start doing other outdoor activities.  

None here in Weaverville but the sky is clouding.

Good morning Don...nice snow squall here in Spruce Pine...quarter mile visibility...will lay if it keeps this up

I think you will see some action briefly because it is rare for the upslope to break containment and hit Spruce Pine.  I live closer to the state line and reports are that it is laying on the roads there.

Good morning Don...nice snow squall here in Spruce Pine...quarter mile visibility...will lay if it keeps this up

I think you will see some action briefly because it is rare for the upslope to break containment and hit Spruce Pine.  I live closer to the state line and reports are that it is laying on the roads there.

Ya the radar looked nice for you guys. Looks like we me be a hair to far south & west for this one. Would love to see some flurries though.

Heading up to Clyde this afternoon for the next couple of days. I hope to see some flurries this afternoon. If not today, then maybe Thursday evening/night.

if you can I strongly suggest you head west on 19 through maggie valley towards Cherokee. You will come up to soco gap at the entrance to the parkway. You will see a few inches on the ground there. Its at an elevation of 4500ft and the road crews do a good job so you will not need 4wheel drive .Friday morning will be the best time.

if you can I strongly suggest you head west on 19 through maggie valley towards Cherokee. You will come up to soco gap at the entrance to the parkway. You will see a few inches on the ground there. Its at an elevation of 4500ft and the road crews do a good job so you will not need 4wheel drive .Friday morning will be the best time.

I'll keep it in mind.  Just arrived.  Blue skies overhead with clouds obscuring the surrounding mountaintops.  It sounds a lot like you French Broad Valley inhabitants have described the weather here:  cool and dry.

Snowing here in town tonight. Nice to see snow falling in mid March. Beats 80 degrees. Looks like we could see some snow Friday morning and around the 19th also looking ahead. Good time to be living in the mountains. I will try to post snow pics from the last event soon. The whole freaking family has ear infections. The last two weeks have been horrible.

Heading up to Clyde this afternoon for the next couple of days.  I hope to see some flurries this afternoon.  If not today, then maybe Thursday evening/night.

Hey you should have seen flurries tonight or this morning. As I work right beside the College at the hospital. Good luck and if you have time you should drive 209 to fines creek. Nice area out that way.

Archived