joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 30 Rain Event- Toasty temps Mt Tolland blows away

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the best spot for this, but I was tossing around a similar image in the NNE thread and thought I would share for the SNE folks too.

CHH_pw.gif

This is the sounding climatology for CHH. As you can see heading into February, maximum observed PWAT values are slightly north of 1.5 inches. The NAM and GFS on the 00z runs are advertising right around 1.5 inches Wednesday night.

Plus you have a hugely anomalous LLJ, and on the nose of that there could be enough elevated instability for thunder.

Seems like the best spot for this, but I was tossing around a similar image in the NNE thread and thought I would share for the SNE folks too.

CHH_pw.gif

This is the sounding climatology for CHH. As you can see heading into February, maximum observed PWAT values are slightly north of 1.5 inches. The NAM and GFS on the 00z runs are advertising right around 1.5 inches Wednesday night.

Plus you have a hugely anomalous LLJ, and on the nose of that there could be enough elevated instability for thunder.

cool...thx for sharing.

HWW?

I think the best shot of high winds will be out on the Cape.  I think BOX has spelled it out pretty good.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA426 AM EST TUE JAN 29 2013...HIGH WINDS ARE POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT ALONG THE SOUTHEASTNEW ENGLAND COAST AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT...MAZ019>024-RIZ006>008-291730-/O.NEW.KBOX.HW.A.0001.130130T2300Z-130131T1000Z/EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-BARNSTABLE MA-DUKES MA-NANTUCKET MA-WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI-BLOCK ISLAND RI-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PLYMOUTH...FALL RIVER...NEW BEDFORD...MATTAPOISETT...CHATHAM...FALMOUTH...PROVINCETOWN...VINEYARD HAVEN...NANTUCKET...NARRAGANSETT...WESTERLY...NEWPORT...BLOCK ISLAND426 AM EST TUE JAN 29 2013...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATEWEDNESDAY NIGHT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A HIGH WINDWATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATEWEDNESDAY NIGHT.* WINDS...SOUTH 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.* TIMING...WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.* IMPACTS...THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT TREES...TREE LIMBS...AND  POWER LINES COULD BE DOWNED. THIS COULD POSE A HAZARD TO  MOTORISTS AND PEDESTRIANS.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A HIGH WIND WATCH MEANS THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR STRONG DAMAGINGWINDS TO DEVELOP IN THE MENTIONED AREAS.  THESE STRONG WINDS ARECAPABLE OF DOWNING TREES AND POWER LINES AS WELL AS CAUSINGPROPERTY DAMAGE.  IF A HIGH WIND WARNING IS ISSUED...STAY INSIDEAND AWAY FROM WINDOWS.&&$$FIELD

Accept reality. There's no way around it and no way to protect the snow pack, so bring on the rain. Get it out of the way!  Frozen car doors afterwards. At least it is something to track. Plenty of winter weather coming in February and March.

Hey speak for yourself, I'll be putting down my Snow Protector brand tarps down over the yard to keep my snow pack in place.  Snow Protector is really the best brand for this because they use space age technology to capture the cooling power of the snow and the warmer air above to create a dome of supercharged cold air layered between the tarp and the snow pack.  The rain harmless rolls off of the tarp into easy to empty buckets which can be kept to water your tomatoes in the summer.  The first tarp was only 29.99 for a 4 by 6 square.  Because I ordered quickly they threw in 4 bigger tarps and a Slap Chop for only 34.99.  It worked great during the last torch.

Hey speak for yourself, I'll be putting down my Snow Protector brand tarps down over the yard to keep my snow pack in place.  Snow Protector is really the best brand for this because they use space age technology to capture the cooling power of the snow and the warmer air above to create a dome of supercharged cold air layered between the tarp and the snow pack.  The rain harmless rolls off of the tarp into easy to empty buckets which can be kept to water your tomatoes in the summer.  The first tarp was only 29.99 for a 4 by 6 square.  Because I ordered quickly they threw in 4 bigger tarps and a Slap Chop for only 34.99.  It worked great during the last torch.

A free Slap Chop? WOW, always wanted one of those. I may have to go with the Snow Protector tarps. Wishful thinking and my magic wand did nothing to stave off the last torch.

Archived