Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 25th Winter Weather Observations

WilkesboroDude

Don't live right on the Elkin line?

I don't live too far from the Rock Creek Golf Course...much deeper into north-central part of Wilkes.

Light dusting of accumulation...

Interestingly enough...the flakes are not as wimpy as I thought they would be. A little clumpy and more steady than radar suggests.  

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over 10 accidents so far in Jackson; 3 rollovers around mm 81 - 85 on HWY 74. Hell its so bad out here WCU cancelled classes in Cullowhee and Biltmore! That never seems to happen.

the precip has gotton pretty steady over here in macon county now. Still some sleet mixing in but its mostly freezing rain. Temp is at. 25

Schools decided to release earlier than the original time of 10 AM in Catawba County.  They let out at 8:45.  Met my daughter at the bus in the midst of a heavy sleet/snow shower.  Roads definitely have frozen stuff on them.  You can see the tracks through the white where the cars travel.  I hope all those buses make it safely to their destinations.

Current conditions:  23.6 F over 14 F DP with moderate sleet falling.  I can now skate on my back deck!

Archived