joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and we know how well the GFS has performed in this time period - no sense in even trying to make any sense out of this......

The GFS hasn't lost the big storm in 7-8 days. Still warm but it tries to track the low up the spine of the apps and we all know how unlikely that it is. Still ends as wrap around snows this run.

gfs_namer_192_precip_p60.gif

I understand that Don, i was mocking the assertion that there is an arbitrary temperature that points to where we can no longer get storms, as if we are far colder today than we have been during other storms in our area, much closer in time than 1899.

I understand that Don, i was mocking the assertion that there is an arbitrary temperature that points to where we can no longer get storms, as if we are far colder today than we have been during other storms in our area, much closer in time than 1899.

Lets not derail this thread anymore. This event is the perfect example of how cold air suppresses storm tracks. You want to be on the edge of the coldest air.

No problem. I was just skimming through the thread. Needless to say, our area could sure use such a snowstorm--or any snowfall for that matter.

Archived