SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blizz, you did see the GFS this morning? Most likely advisory/close to advisory snow on the 3rd and warning snows on the 5th-6th. It hasn't been great so far(the winter, not the model), but tossing winter at this point seems premature.

-skisheep

I did see it..but it's the 6z GFS..

I haven't cancelled anything..just very disheartening to see the turn of events ..and the mets are very discouraged too. Hopefully things change back

I haven't cancelled anything..just very disheartening to see the turn of events ..and the mets are very discouraged too. Hopefully things change back

Have you looked at the Euro Ens? They look good for storms, I did not understand Scooters post at all. You guys .....The overwhelming cold is relaxing, looks good for snowstorms on GFS and Euro.

Meanwhile, I was supposed to get snow to rain, I got snow to zl to sleet/snow which would be quite durable if I weren't staring at 48 hours well above freezing. It looks like winter and its been aob freezing since the patriots game. We will have our chances. So it won't be 0 mornings and 16 afternoons? Good.....bettr chances. The cold is retreating but not from areas north of us. I'm keeping hope alive and you should too.

Meanwhile, I was supposed to get snow to rain, I got snow to zl to sleet/snow which would be quite durable if I weren't staring at 48 hours well above freezing. It looks like winter and its been aob freezing since the patriots game. We will have our chances. So it won't be 0 mornings and 16 afternoons? Good.....bettr chances. The cold is retreating but not from areas north of us. I'm keeping hope alive and you should too.

93-94

It sucks that an 18 hour period of a torch is going to wipe out the snowpack to the Canadian border but its the worst combo with 50-60 mph SE winds temps and dews in 50's and feet of rain.? This storm tomorrow nite reminds me of some of those cutters We had in 96. Short but devastating for winter lovers. I'm hopeful Feb is good. Just discouraging to see mets down

93-94

I think it's funny when the SNE folks troll each other because we all know each other and get a laugh out of it.

You're not included because you are just random dude on the interwebs that no one likes.

you can tell there's a pattern change on the horizon...chaotic (and ugly) model runs.

Yeah very true. The euro just seems to be oblivious this year to pieces of the puzzle. It's either the tweaks they made or its cryptonight is a super fast flow where it's assimilation scheme struggles.

The 2/6 deal just looks like a model missing some of the pieces.

One more day and we get clean roads and cars. Nice. These are the days people flash their high beams at you because they don't understand why your lights are so bright when they're clean.

No more trudging dirty snow around and having to squeeze your car in the lot at the gym because the lines are covered in snow and people cannot park. Bread will once again return the the shelves at your local stores as terrified residents get a reprieve from stocking up for the next blizzard. Big scary weathermen will no longer be featured on the 15 second spots during the busy evening shows teasing us about snow on the horizon. These are good days.

One more day and we get clean roads and cars. Nice. These are the days people flash their high beams at you because they don't understand why your lights are so bright when they're clean.

No more trudging dirty snow around and having to squeeze your car in the lot at the gym because the lines are covered in snow and people cannot park. Bread will once again return the the shelves at your local stores as terrified residents get a reprieve from stocking up for the next blizzard. Big scary weathermen will no longer be featured on the 15 second spots during the busy evening shows teasing us about snow on the horizon. These are good days.

:weenie:   :weenie:

Archived