SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we never had blocking, tough to loose it when you never had it.

Your suspicions regarding the NAO not panning out are ending up more correct than not thus far, but this assertion you are making here regarding all blocking is straight garbage. Furthermore, your interpretation of this recent cold wave from a week or so ago that "it would only be normal to slightly below" from NYC to DC was a ridiculous forecast then, and has verified awfully wrong. 

Central Park
                        DEP
1/21  32  26  29  -3  
1/22  27  13  20 -12
1/23  20  11  16 -16
1/24  22  12  17 -15
1/25  24  13  19 -13
1/26  27  15  21 -12
1/27  34  19  27  -6 

DCA
                          DEP
1/22  32  19  26 -10 
1/23  28  15  22 -14
1/24  29  19  24 -12
1/25  25  19  22 -14
1/26  37  24  31  -5 
1/27  38  27  33  -3

I expect you will fully ignore this post though and continue on your merry trolling ways

Last half of Feb looks banging with plenty of S/W's. Recap....we had xt RTW that was in the pacific last wednesday arrived on the 24 early 25th in a couple pieces. The RWT that was over India last week is still expected to arrive Feb 4 or 5 it appears as a clipper. Behind this RWT we will see a shot of cold Feb 5-7. Then Feb 7 or 8 another RWT which was over Africa last week should arrive and colder air moving in behind it for Feb 7-11. This one started off at a pretty high latitude so I believe it will be a weak clipper. It appears after that we will see at LEAST at 5-10 degree warm up for Feb. 11-13 ahead of the next system that will pass through the east Feb 14 or 15 with a quick shot of cooler air behind it before another S/W arrives Feb 18 or 19th (tentative)The pattern is really chaotic as HM, others and myself have noted so it's harder to bit on the signals 4 weeks out right now so I am waiting for newer GWO data to reconfirm or disprove my thoughts about S/W's beyond Feb 14, part of the reason why I left the Feb 18/19 S/W tentative because the arrival date may change +/-1 day. But tentative dates I have for other S/W's and shots of cooler air are feb 21-25 and Feb 27-March 3.

No.

Just need to get through the next 8-10 days, then it'll get much more interesting.

We can only hope, but I've been promised that since the beginning of december, each system proclaimed to be The One, and then we end up with rain or nothing. Hope stays eternal, but it's quickly slipping away...

-skisheep

We can only hope, but I've been promised that since the beginning of december, each system proclaimed to be The One, and then we end up with rain or nothing. Hope stays eternal, but it's quickly slipping away...

-skisheep

Don't be ridiculous, all we know is that there is the serious potential for snow sometime in the month of February after this mini-torch.  Can't be sure on when, but everything seems to be coming together for a favorable period for chances of snow.

Don't be ridiculous, all we know is that there is the serious potential for snow sometime in the month of February after this mini-torch.  Can't be sure on when, but everything seems to be coming together for a favorable period for chances of snow.

It's not being rediculous, it's stating the truth, for the entire winter the theme has been that better days are just aronund the corner, but, we haven't reached those better days yet, and, they have always been ten days away.

-skisheep

It's not being rediculous, it's stating the truth, for the entire winter the theme has been that better days are just aronund the corner, but, we haven't reached those better days yet, and, they have always been ten days away.

-skisheep

Yes but at some point those prognostications have to be right and in 7-10 days it'll get snowy.  I mean even Nostradamus has been right a few times.  Luckily he wasn't into teleconnections.  After two years our number has to be up, it just has to.  I'm with Jerry on this one.

Yes but at some point those prognostications have to be right and in 7-10 days it'll get snowy. I mean even Nostradamus has been right a few times. Luckily he wasn't into teleconnections. After two years our number has to be up, it just has to. I'm with Jerry on this one.

Just because a pattern may become more favorable for snow (i.e colder) isn't a guarantee that it will snow. I think he's failing to understand that. Mother nature doesn't care about his backyard. All you can hope for is a decent pattern, and a little bit of luck. So far we have rolled snake eyes..it is what it is.

Last year, it was so bad that even luck had no bearing on the outcome.

Just because a pattern may become more favorable for snow (i.e colder) isn't a guarantee that it will snow. I think he's failing to understand that. Mother nature doesn't care about his backyard. All you can hope for is a decent pattern, and a little bit of luck. So far we have rolled snake eyes..it is what it is.

You got it...at least maybe the marbles can align this year.  That's all anyone can tell you at this point. 

I like our chances. Just don't get too invested in it and remember the mantra of "what can go wrong".

My mantra is it can't get any worse (if you like snow).  Go into it with that attitude and it's impossible to be bummed unless 1-2" before torches is the thing that makes you happy.

We're still going to have the cold, so really it cannot get worse than the historical lows we've seen.

I'm not failing to understand anything, just venting that it seems to have been favorable for much of the winter so far, and look what we have to show for it. Quite obviously I know that Mother Nature does not care about my backyard, and even a pattern for cold is not a lock for snow as we have seen the past week.

-skisheep

-skisheep

I'm not failing to understand anything, just venting that it seems to have been favorable for much of the winter so far, and look what we have to show for it. Quite obviously I know that Mother Nature does not care about my backyard, and even a pattern for cold is not a lock for snow as we have seen the past week.

-skisheep

-skisheep

You tell em dude. In fact sign your name twice to really let him know you mean business

Archived