• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

Funny how we can't shake old habits though...still wait for the euro to roll in as though it's gospel.

GFS definitely having a good run of late - maybe it's just the fast flow?

I was thinking that. Euro still slightly tops the GFS at H5 in the NHEM scores, but there's been quite a few days when the GFS was the daily winner. Surprisingly, the Ukie comes in just ahead of the GFS in 2nd. It does seem the GFS has handled the details better than the EC though.

Yeah I was checking those this morning for this very reason. Ec still in the lead hemispherically-speaking.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stinks. My son got a little carried away speading the CaCl3 in the driveway (he wanted to play basketball, but the recent flizzards made a mess). Not sure why he wanted to play basketball when it was in the teens.

Anyway, we have calcium chloride everywhere.

I also drove the old minivan a little today (got a new car 2 weeks ago) and hit the wipers. Blade I guess was frozen to the windshield and the wiper arm snapped.  Oops

Hope you feel better. I tweaked something in my back at WaWa Thurs night.

I will be fine. Sucks about the wiper arm. I spread salt last night but looks like some spots I missed.

Euro looks great at 5 H and wins the 5 H wars, Ray will be happy.

I will be fine. Sucks about the wiper arm. I spread salt last night but looks like some spots I missed.

Euro looks great at 5 H and wins the 5 H wars, Ray will be happy.

meh... we are basically giving the van to a friend (our mechanic) who will part it out. He has done stuff for us before without charging us, so if he can make a buck, so be it. It has a tranny issue we can't figure out, rusting a bunch, and has other issues. Good workhorse that is having a last gasp. The new car is sweet

Dude.....stop. 26" at this point in the year...is close to average...AND 1K in NWCT is not Mount Mansfield. As Will has told you, you average somewhere around 65". So you are probably about 5" below average to this point. And Uconn is average to above for snow for the winter. A good FEB and you are average to above average for the winter in both locations. 

Weenies think they 10-11 comes every year or something...Geez. Boston has right to complain but interior CT is average to in a lot of cases above.

Don't forget to invite me to your 8th grade grad party plz.

Dude.....stop. 26" at this point in the year...is close to average...AND 1K in NWCT is not Mount Mansfield. As Will has told you, you average somewhere around 65". So you are probably about 5" below average to this point. And Uconn is average to above for snow for the winter. A good FEB and you are average to above average for the winter in both locations.

Weenies think they 10-11 comes every year or something...Geez. Boston has right to complain but interior CT is average to in a lot of cases above.

Don't forget to invite me to your 8th grade grad party plz.

You seem like someone who would want to hang out with 13 yr olds

The 0z NAM...yeah fantasy land for sure but at 84 hours it's leaving the system on the front well SW.    It looks to me like it'll get left behind in the NAM depiction.

Models have played with the energy at 72h diving into the US.  About half the runs dig it straight down, the other half deflect it SE.   Flip flop each run even in between the same model.

Great attempt at humor. Congrats.

I'm not sure what your problem with me is but...I don't really care.

Maybe that you are the only person on this site who consistently calls out my posts?  Get a life dude, you're a freshman in college and it's Saturday night.  There's bigger things to do than sitting on a weather board.  That being said, I'm going out.  Enjoy.

Maybe that you are the only person on this site who consistently calls out my posts? Get a life dude, you're a freshman in college and it's Saturday night. There's bigger things to do than sitting on a weather board. That being said, I'm going out. Enjoy.

Alright, I don't know why you take it so personally lol. You're the one complaining about lack of snow which is completely out of your control. Btw, I'm not back at school yet. Enjoy the night.

Maybe that you are the only person on this site who consistently calls out my posts?  Get a life dude, you're a freshman in college and it's Saturday night.  There's bigger things to do than sitting on a weather board.  That being said, I'm going out.  Enjoy.

I think he's a met student,  correct me if I'm wrong.    If you are trying to master something , you don't go out and party,  you fvcking hone your skills.    

just 'sayin.

GFS blows.  Front passes through harmlessly, the clipper type system behind it is suppressed rubbish, then we wait until day 8 to have another system develop too late.  By the time we get to 2/3 the GFS looks like the pattern 2-3 days ago with a weak low running along the Canadian US border and moisture trying to build in the lower MS Valley.  Once it drops out on the other side of the resolution drop it's a clipper type right across New England.  So maybe in 10 days things get more interesting.

Winter of 100 pairs of socks.  This sucks.

0z GFS meltdown complete.  Hoping for something better in the days ahead and will enjoy whatever falls Monday.

0z GGEM is a lot better.  It develops the followup system on the 1st, puts it just offshore of us by the 2nd, and develops a few more later.  So...let's hope the GFS is just struggling.

I'm a rare poster, especially here in a SNE thread. That said, I never thought I'd say this, and it's the first time in the 14 years I've lived up here that I have...but I'm ready for spring. Out on the covered screened in porch with the cats lying lazily in the sun, watching the birds, squirrels and chipmunks that I keep well supplied with sustenance. The smell of freshly mowed grass. The trees that totally hide my house in the warm season.

Here it is late January and I have about 4-5 inches of....I don't even want to call it snow, really...on the ground. The couple inches that might fall Monday are irrelevant. It, and this...stuff...on the ground, will be wiped out by Thursday. I moved up here from the Florida Panhandle after living there for 18 years for some real winter. One disappointing season I can handle...two in a row cuts like a knife.

I just hope this summer isn't a scorcher. If there's one thing I hate worse than a dead ratter of a winter it's excessive heat in the summer...another reason I left Florida.

There, I feel better...my first meltdown is over.

As much as everyone keeps saying this and for how futile it's been...we aren't going to go the rest of the winter without having at least one or two good snow events. As the pattern finally breaks things are going to get better.

It only takes one or two systems to make a bad January a decent to good February. For the first time in ages most models have snow events starting to pop up. We just need to get thru this next week or 10 days...and keep our fingers crossed for what would be the 31st-2nd but more likely the 1st.

If onSuper Bowl night we are still looking at a ten day wait time itll be time to take up competitive pocket pool. But with a bit of luck that won't be the case.

As much as everyone keeps saying this and for how futile it's been...we aren't going to go the rest of the winter without having at least one or two good snow events. As the pattern finally breaks things are going to get better.

It only takes one or two systems to make a bad January a decent to good February. For the first time in ages most models have snow events starting to pop up. We just need to get thru this next week or 10 days...and keep our fingers crossed for what would be the 31st-2nd but more likely the 1st.

If onSuper Bowl night we are still looking at a ten day wait time itll be time to take up competitive pocket pool. But with a bit of luck that won't be the case.

I feel like no matter what this winter ends up disappointing in my area and in Boston; but I agree that doesn't mean February can't cough up some nice storms to spice things up and give some good fun, maybe even get us near average.

Feb will decide whether it's another nightmare for this area or it was just a meh first three quarters. And maybe morch decides not to be an inferno lol.

I'm a rare poster, especially here in a SNE thread. That said, I never thought I'd say this, and it's the first time in the 14 years I've lived up here that I have...but I'm ready for spring. Out on the covered screened in porch with the cats lying lazily in the sun, watching the birds, squirrels and chipmunks that I keep well supplied with sustenance. The smell of freshly mowed grass. The trees that totally hide my house in the warm season.

Here it is late January and I have about 4-5 inches of....I don't even want to call it snow, really...on the ground. The couple inches that might fall Monday are irrelevant. It, and this...stuff...on the ground, will be wiped out by Thursday. I moved up here from the Florida Panhandle after living there for 18 years for some real winter. One disappointing season I can handle...two in a row cuts like a knife.

I just hope this summer isn't a scorcher. If there's one thing I hate worse than a dead ratter of a winter it's excessive heat in the summer...another reason I left Florida.

There, I feel better...my first meltdown is over.

you at least have alot more legitamite hope.  march CAN actually rock for you. and you snow well into april assuming your at least 800'

did u just listen to a anthony robbins tape

Archived