SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thats awful. I probably have full cover at home considering Kevin does and I still had about 50-60% cover from the old snow before the torch...though I'm in NJ right now...not back until tomorrow afternoon.

Under 700 feet in sunny areas there is a lot of grass showing as I went thru town earlier..But you get back into the hoods and it's 99% snowcover..Even Redsoxbabe has snowcover

Alright guys...this is a CRAZY period coming up...it took me a couple hours to get all these dates straightened out for the exact sequences of events because there are just soooo many signals coming in from the GWO/strat/CCKW/RWT and having to piece the time frames together. It's like a jig saw puzzle...as I said I know some of this is already covered by the GFS and I did cover some of these dates back on Fri night. But here it is again and then extending and adding in some missing pieces of the puzzle.

So we have the xt RTW that was in the pacific back on wednesday on schedule to arrive late 24 early 25th east of the MS. Models struggling with whether it merges with a S/W from the south. That's brings the cooler air for Jan 26-29 and then of course the S/W for the 30th on the GFS that supplies the reinforcement of colder air for my Jan 31-Feb 2 time frame (this one looks like a decent shot...as I stated a couple weeks ago) and then a 5-10 degree warm up for Feb 3-4 (pre-frontal warmth) ahead of the next RWT (over India) expected to arrive Feb 4/5. (BTW I was able to narrow down the warm spike with the latest GWO numbers and RWT timing.)  Behind this RWT we will see a shot of cold Feb 5-7 (decent shot of cold here to). Then Feb 7-8 will be another 5-10 degree pre-frontal warm up ahead of another RWT (currently over Africa) and cooler air moving in behind it for Feb 9-11. 

So here are the dates I have for cold and warm periods...I just color codes them. LOL. Aqua-cooler Blue-colder Orange-warmer +5-10F Red-Torch +10-15F

Jan 26-29 Jan 31-Feb 2 Feb 3-4 Feb 5-7 Feb 7-8 Feb 9-11

Now this is were we get into to shaky territory and lots of theory in this from myself....The vortex is forecasted to re-consolidate in the next 10 days. As a result, the main PV will restrengthen it's vortex walls and gushing cold air faucet will be turned off. Just as there is a 1-3 week lag for it to arrive here there should be a 1-3 week lag of the last pockets of cold air to arrive down here in the US. Which would line up to carry us through with colder air to just about middle of Feb. So the last 2 weeks of Feb I think we will see warm anomalies take over the East coast. As the AO starts its accent into more consistent positive territory after Jan 28....when the PV re-consolidates. I still have S/W's with intrusions of cooler air marked for feb 13-17 and feb 17-20 time frames. I just have a feeling the base state of the 850 temps will be warmer so the cooler air won't be as cold as say -20 to -15C over the region like we have for the end of Jan. As we move down the road and more GWO data accumulates I will be able to fill in the Feb. 11-20 time frame with more exact dates as I have done with the above. 

Even Qvectorman didn't mention that mild up in his latest write up. Of all the mild ups we've had this one really seems meh

D9-10 warm up...if it transpires will be a result of prefrontal warmth and only last 24-36 hrs which I always have mention in my previous forecasts...the stronger the storm the stronger the southerly flow ahead of it 1-2 days prior to the S/W's arrival. I just forgot to add it this time. I believe the other dates Feb 3-4, 7-8 show up as temp spikes in the analogs because they will cover a much larger geographical area. This warm sector appears to be getting smaller and smaller with each run. 

D9-10 warm up...if it transpires will be a result of prefrontal warmth and only last 24-36 hrs which I always have mention in my previous forecasts...the stronger the storm the stronger the southerly flow ahead of it 1-2 days prior to the S/W's arrival. I just forgot to add it this time. I believe the other dates Feb 3-4, 7-8 show up as temp spikes in the analogs because they will cover a much larger geographical area. This warm sector appears to be getting smaller and smaller with each run.

Until pretty soon it disappears completely

Alright guys...this is a CRAZY period coming up...it took me a couple hours to get all these dates straightened out for the exact sequences of events because there are just soooo many signals coming in from the GWO/strat/CCKW/RWT and having to piece the time frames together. It's like a jig saw puzzle...as I said I know some of this is already covered by the GFS and I did cover some of these dates back on Fri night. But here it is again and then extending and adding in some missing pieces of the puzzle.

So we have the xt RTW that was in the pacific back on wednesday on schedule to arrive late 24 early 25th east of the MS. Models struggling with whether it merges with a S/W from the south. That's brings the cooler air for Jan 26-29 and then of course the S/W for the 30th on the GFS that supplies the reinforcement of colder air for my Jan 31-Feb 2 time frame (this one looks like a decent shot...as I stated a couple weeks ago) and then a 5-10 degree warm up for Feb 3-4 (pre-frontal warmth) ahead of the next RWT (over India) expected to arrive Feb 4/5. (BTW I was able to narrow down the warm spike with the latest GWO numbers and RWT timing.)  Behind this RWT we will see a shot of cold Feb 5-7 (decent shot of cold here to). Then Feb 7-8 will be another 5-10 degree pre-frontal warm up ahead of another RWT (currently over Africa) and cooler air moving in behind it for Feb 9-11. 

So here are the dates I have for cold and warm periods...I just color codes them. LOL. Aqua-cooler Blue-colder Orange-warmer +5-10F Red-Torch +10-15F

Jan 26-29 Jan 31-Feb 2 Feb 3-4 Feb 5-7 Feb 7-8 Feb 9-11

Now this is were we get into to shaky territory and lots of theory in this from myself....The vortex is forecasted to re-consolidate in the next 10 days. As a result, the main PV will restrengthen it's vortex walls and gushing cold air faucet will be turned off. Just as there is a 1-3 week lag for it to arrive here there should be a 1-3 week lag of the last pockets of cold air to arrive down here in the US. Which would line up to carry us through with colder air to just about middle of Feb. So the last 2 weeks of Feb I think we will see warm anomalies take over the East coast. As the AO starts its accent into more consistent positive territory after Jan 28....when the PV re-consolidates. I still have S/W's with intrusions of cooler air marked for feb 13-17 and feb 17-20 time frames. I just have a feeling the base state of the 850 temps will be warmer so the cooler air won't be as cold as say -20 to -15C over the region like we have for the end of Jan. As we move down the road and more GWO data accumulates I will be able to fill in the Feb. 11-20 time frame with more exact dates as I have done with the above. 

Well...crap...just opened up the GWO site and they revised the revised GWO this morning lol if that makes sense. But anyways it results in good news for everyone. The warm signal for Feb 7-8 has been removed and replaced with a cold one that indicates a cold shot for the time frame Feb 7-11. Which obviously still matches the xt-RTW in Africa's arrival on Feb 7/8 to the east coast. I think it may just be the same result as we were discussing with the d9-10 event where the warm sector is smaller so it doesn't show up in analogs but still expect the possibility of pre frontal warmth.

Archived