joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, until I found this board, I had no idea there were other people so emotionally invested in the weather as I am. I mean, the raw emotion that comes through in a lot of posts is quite the palpable experience. Hobby (other than the red tags), obsession? Not sure how to label it.

In any case, I'm mostly a professional lurker here. While I know more meteorology than the average man on the street, it pales in comparison to even a random sampling of folks on here, so...I listen and absorb with not too much to add as useful insight above and beyond what is posted.

In any case...carry on :thumbsup:

no worries you have 58 posts. Welcome!

Using IPad or IPhone or BB so my grammar may suck.

I'm not arguing against the pattern being favorable (it is very favorable), but Jerry has had a 93-94 fetish all winter regardless of whether the pattern warranted it or not. He has been talking about that analog at various points throughout the winter, and it has not come to fruition. Sure, he might be getting closer to reality with this call, but the truth is that we're +5 for the winter with poor snowfall in SNE and average snowfall in NYC metro. Also, just one week of conditions close to 93-94 doesn't hold a candle to a year that had months of those conditions.

Sorry but 93-94 it has not been, and will not be. 

And in terms of the month, I didn't see how mild this weekend would be. We'd have a much better chance of finishing below normal without two days in the 40s this weekend. That low crossing Quebec brought a lot of warm air north, and seemed to trend stronger. The arctic shot looks as good as ever. 

What you posted was this as proof I've said all along this is 1993-94:  'weathafella', on 30 Dec 2012 - 13:35, said:snapback.png

It ws in12/31/93 that models had a mild look to them in the medium and long range. Never underestimate Canadian cold in January.

Well that statement is true.  And Canada has been cold.  And despite a warm pattern, I've had about 4x last year's snow IMBY at this point in the season.  Yes BOS has 7.  But I have about what you have which makes sense since you're much further from the open ocean but lower in latitude.  

This pattern resembles 1993-94.  But the cold is here now (our side), the mechanism to keep it is unchanged through the foreseeable future, and the only x factor is whether or not it snows.  If the 30 days beginning 1/21 aren't subnormal I'll be shocked.

He's not right. I've touted this pattern as 93-94 and it is. Doesn't mean it will have the same results. I never said December was nothing other than garbage.

Not the 94 I remember. I don't post often because I'm not a met. This is the banter thread though and I'm just pointing out I don't think your predictions are bearing fruit. As far as your reaction. Classless...

It's 45F here, so much for high's staying in the 37-39F range.

Today had torch written all over it after the fropa. With sunny W flow and 850s still warm in the afternoon it looked like low 50s along the CP and well into the 40s across the high terrain. It's even in the mid 40s up here although C NH is still wedged into the mid 20s.

Today had torch written all over it after the fropa. With sunny W flow and 850s still warm in the afternoon it looked like low 50s along th CP and well into the 40s across the high terrain. It's even in the mid 40s up here although C NH is still wedged into the mid 20s.

Yep, respect pre frontal warmth.

Archived