• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 17th-18th Winter Storm Observations

WilkesboroDude

Pathetic showing IMBY. Fifteen minutes of beautiful heavy snow and another fifteen of flurries then gradual clearing. I've got 1/4" to show for it.

Regardless, I'm glad my 19-month old daughter finally got to see some real snow falling and definitely glad some folks to my east are hitting the jackpot. Enjoy!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp is dropping as well 34.5 . Seems to be all around me right now but still no switch over just a few flakes mixing in and maybe some sleet!  :fulltilt:

I don't even have mixing over here yet.  Oh well, que sera sera.  The good thing is I won't have to worry about not getting back into a duck hunting spot on Mtn Island Lake Saturday morning, instead I'll be worrying if I can get out and wade.  The rain train continues here, at least the wind has calmed down.

Back to all rain here in Southern Alexander county. 

Pretty wild on those reports coming in. Definitely very limited in areas seeing accumulation.

IGrIU.png

2, 3, 4" reports just to my north with maybe only 0.5" here at best, and rain now melting some of that.

Were not getting the solid banding the models were portraying. Its not doing much of anything here at present.

Ahhh...ok...must be north and east of me...I am SW of Wilkesboro proper off of 268 near the community college...think we may have had a half inch earlier but that is about it...

Wherever the official reporting station is not sure...also unconfirmed reports of 6 inches in the Brushy Mountains of Wilkes County with trees down in the roads. 

Archived