Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter 2012-13 Thread III

klw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zone forecast for the next 24 hours... hopefully we can make up for snow missed today.

Tonight: Snow showers likely. Additional snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. South winds around 10 mph...becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Tuesday: Snow showers likely. Rain showers likely in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Today was another good example of the snow preservation properties of the eastern side of the Spine...

I'm at 32F and that's the high for the day...looks like the RT 100 corridor in this area is still near freezing, while the western slopes are near 40F and have been 35-40F all afternoon.

Feb11Temps.jpg

With a good slug of precipitation moving in, I'm curious as to what p-type it will be... I'm assuming snow as it should've cooled a bit aloft now.
Wonder if the Champlain Valley and Western Slopes end up raining?  Looks like it should quickly become snow, especially above like 500-800ft as this moves in even if it starts as something non-snow.

Feb11a.gif

Feb11.gif

Today was another good example of the snow preservation properties of the eastern side of the Spine...

I'm at 32F and that's the high for the day...looks like the RT 100 corridor in this area is still near freezing, while the western slopes are near 40F and have been 35-40F all afternoon.

Feb11Temps.jpg

With a good slug of precipitation moving in, I'm curious as to what p-type it will be... I'm assuming snow as it should've cooled a bit aloft now.

Wonder if the Champlain Valley and Western Slopes end up raining?  Looks like it should quickly become snow, especially above like 500-800ft as this moves in even if it starts as something non-snow.

Feb11a.gif

Feb11.gif

Had freezing rain here in the Winooski Valley. Well rain I guess cause the temp was above freezing, but the ground is still frozen solid.

Event totals: 0.2” Snow/0.04” L.E.

We picked up a couple tenths of an inch of snow here today; it’s been snowing lightly this evening as well, but not accumulating much with the marginal temperatures.

Details from the 8:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.04 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 5.0

Snow Density: 20.0% H2O

Temperature: 33.6 F

Sky: Light Snow/Rain

Snow at the stake: 9.0 inches

Had freezing rain here in the Winooski Valley. Well rain I guess cause the temp was above freezing, but the ground is still frozen solid.

The precipitation was a mix of rain and snow here at ~500’ along the spine, with nothing really accumulating for that last round of radar echoes.

Nothing remarkable at 1,500ft overnight... 1/4-1/2".  Windy so can't get an exact tenth of an inch, haha.

Snowing a steady light to bordering on moderate here this morning where RT 108 almost touches the Chittenden/Lamoille County border. 

Upslope starting to take shape but it was snowing in town, too, just not really accumulating as of 530am. 

Event totals: 0.3” Snow/0.06” L.E.

Light snow was falling this morning at observations time, with a tenth of an inch on the board.  There were also a couple hundredths of an inch of liquid in the gauge that was probably from sprinkles overnight.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 35.6 F

Sky: Light Snow (2-10 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 8.5 inches

Coming down up here right now.

Very elevation dependent last night with rain showers below 2,000ft and mostly wet snow above that.  Reports range from 4" at the top of the Quad overnight to as much as 6" at the top of the Gondola overnight.  I'll be heading out to verify shortly.  Snowing at all elevations since about 4am.

So far it looks like primarly north of I-89 in the Greens right now.  I'm sure it is absolutely dumping up near Jay, although the radar beam is way to high to see it.

Never got above freezing over here yesterday. Topped out at 31 sometime overnight but was back to 26 by 6am.

Just shy of an inch of snow/sleet (0.9") and then a prolonged period of freezing drizzle. Some glaze on the trees this morning but more so just on the top of the snow itself.

Awaiting some squalls now. :snowing:

Archived