• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter 2012-13 Thread III

klw

Had some ZR last night with a little ice accumulation--the front steps got a little slick and still are this morning.

That surely won't last very long though.  Up to 33F at 7am this morning and things dripping just a bit now.  It's been quite a while since we've been this warm...

The only good thing with this kind of weather in my book is that the truck should see a nice washing--get rid of that nasty f*cking salt.  ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed for the most part, though it does look there are a few chances for 2-4 type snows.  Maybe this breaks with a big one mid-february

'Fraid I'm thinking more along the lines of Jeff's avatar, maybe a 2006 redux - near normal temps for Feb-Mar and 6" snow (total for the two months, instead of the avg 38".)

Perhaps 0.05" accretion this morning, and temps low 30s after 9 straight mornings with lows between 2 and -16.  An inch of 45F RA with strong winds tonight will just do wonders for the snowpack (and logging roads.)

Not one record low set in that "arctic outbreak". Already several record highs set today.

That's a great point... albeit depressing one, haha.

Absolutely torching at the summits... Mount Mansfield at 46F at 3,950ft, and 43F at 3,600ft. 

Already beat the record high on Mansfield by 11 degrees today, and only 5F away from breaking the all time January high temp.

Hanging at 40 now.  Warm but relatively cool compared to the other side.  Yikes.

Not one record low set in that "arctic outbreak". Already several record highs set today.

They're hard to break here unless we get a real wicked one.  That being said, it was still arctic air that we had.

34.0F...nothing too bad yet, but it's coming. The sfc warm front is through the Derry RWIS site nonw and higher els and north of the Whites are torched. It's days like this that make me like my spot in winter. It's days like this that make me hate it in the spring.

Temp continues to slowly fall.   32.2F   Brian,  we sure are in a great place for CADaming.   My snowcover is solid.  I can't see 12 hours of even 50F doing much. Probably some bare spots on my southfacing areas that just had the powder from the other day but we will come through this with solid snowcover.  When the inversion breaks it will get wild.  Facing SW and at 1100 feet  (600 feet higher than surrounding areas) wonder if I will score some big gusts!  Interesting 18 hours coming up....and as I type we come out of the dense fog and temp rises .5F to 32.7F

Temp continues to slowly fall.   32.2F   Brian,  we sure are in a great place for CADaming.   My snowcover is solid.  I can't see 12 hours of even 50F doing much. Probably some bare spots on my southfacing areas that just had the powder from the other day but we will come through this with solid snowcover.  When the inversion breaks it will get wild.  Facing SW and at 1100 feet  (600 feet higher than surrounding areas) wonder if I will score some big gusts!  Interesting 18 hours coming up....and as I type we come out of the dense fog and temp rises .5F to 32.7F

Well 12hrs of 50/50 and rain will do a number on the snow. I'm just hoping to fight the tropics as long as I can and then to keep most of the rain to our west. There may be a period tomorrow morning that we get some melting with sun, post frontal...especially in the lower elevations. I think we fall toward 32F at some point midday, but we'll have to see how much damage is done. It'll be interesting to see if you mix out at 1100ft first or if I do further south at 615'. It'll probably be me as usual. An interesting station to watch is the Woodstock RWIS site...they've been a hair below 32F all afternoon and are typically one of the last to mix out.

I was just checking out the BTV afternoon forecast discussion and saw that there’s the potential for 1-3” of snow tomorrow.  That would certainly be nice because when the snowpack hardens back up it’s going to need a serious freshening.  Tomorrow is the last chance for additional January snowfall, but barring substantial changes in the forecast, this January will come in as the lowest in my records.  Snowfall for the month so far is 21.8”, so it will be tough to surpass the current lowest January, which is January 2008 with 27.6”

Excerpt from the forecast discussion is below:

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/... AS OF 252 PM EST WEDNESDAY...BY THURSDAY MORNING...MDLS DO CARRY LOW TRACK CLOSE TO THE CANADIAN BORDER...PUSHING MAINLY EAST THRU THE DAY. FRNT WILL CLR THE CWA BY MIDDAY THURSDAY WITH WINDS SHIFTING TO MORE WNW. THIS WILL USHER IN ANOTHER SHOT OF CD AIR FOR THE AREA...REINFORCED BY UPPER TROUGH COMING DOWN FROM CENTRAL QUEBEC THRU FRIDAY. PRECIP THURSDAY MORNING WILL BEGIN TO SHIFT FROM -RW TO -SW AS COLD AIR FILTERS SOUTH AND EAST. DO EXPECT LIGHT SNOW ACCUM TO OCCUR THRU PERIOD WITH 1-3" POSSIBLE...W/ HIR AMTS OVER HIR ELEV/NW FACING SLOPES. BROAD UPPER TROUGH REMAINS OVER THE NORTHEAST FOR FRIDAY AND MUCH OF FRIDAY NIGHT. WITH CD POOL IN PLACE DURING THIS TIME...KEEPING CHANCE FOR -SW.

Archived