• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Climate Change Banter

Jonger

I decided to just grab a random timeframe off of Detroit's Jan averages. I first went and started as far back as the monthly log on Wunderground went back and took 12 years. The proof is in this pic, I compared them to 2000-2011 and heres what I randomly got.

Wanna look up Spring/Summer Temp trends ?

Cuz I'm pretty sure the warming will be much more visible in that data along with overall yearly temperature trends..

He doesn't understand the spatial impact of AGW. It's been explained so many times.

But more sadly the snow bunnys immediately reject using or allowing any talk of Climo.

attachicon.giftemps.jpg

I decided to just grab a random timeframe off of Detroit's Jan averages. I first went and started as far back as the monthly log on Wunderground went back and took 12 years. The proof is in this pic, I compared them to 2000-2011 and heres what I randomly got.

Do that same thing for every reporting station on Earth for every month on record and what do you get? The Earth is about 0.5C warmer since the 50s.

Do that same thing for every reporting station on Earth for every month on record and what do you get? The Earth is about 0.5C warmer since the 50s.

This was spun off from the "Lakes/OV region".... He tries to work AGW into just about every discussion on the sub-forum and I thought I would spare them another round by diverting discussion to this thread.

This was spun off from the "Lakes/OV region".... He tries to work AGW into just about every discussion on the sub-forum and I thought I would spare them another round by diverting discussion to this thread.

You mean you love snow so much you can't emotionally handle the changes taking place. So you will do anything to cirmcumvent discussing Climo at all that isn't a fantasy analog like 1978 or 1994.

But we can't talk about Climo changes.

This is amazing, what justification do you have for this?

Cuz I'm pretty sure the warming will be much more visible in that data along with overall yearly temperature trends..

cd71.238.198.56.1.18.34.59.prcp.png cd71.238.198.56.1.18.37.27.prcp.png

Funny, no change in Detroit or St.Louis. 

Look, I never said the earth isn't warmer today than previous years... It is. 

You mean you love snow so much you can't emotionally handle the changes taking place. So you will do anything to cirmcumvent discussing Climo at all that isn't a fantasy analog like 1978 or 1994.

We can discuss it all you want... Just not in THAT forum. I have been PMed to STOP discussing CC in THAT forum.

We can discuss it all you want... Just not in THAT forum. I have been PMed to STOP discussing CC in THAT forum.

PM'ed by who?

I haven't recieved this.

Hooiser?

Who asked you to create this thread to stop talking about climo.

I am assuming a moderator?

Which moderator personally asked you to stop talking about climo.

Seems to me that this subject has an intrinsically difficult relationship with the concept of banter.

Those of us who are really concerned about the effect AGW will have on us and posterity will have difficulty mustering the lighthearted POV inherent in banter.

I fear that those who seriously doubt that the topic is worthy of our concern probably won't come - I suppose I could be wrong about that but it doesn't seem logical.

Those who have other (i.e. non-serious) reasons to express doubt will troll.

However - I suppose that this might be a good place to exchange gallows humor.

PM'ed by who?

I haven't recieved this.

Hooiser?

Who asked you to create this thread to stop talking about climo.

I am assuming a moderator?

Which moderator personally asked you to stop talking about climo.

I have been told to stop off topic discussion on climate change, it was actually a discussion between the two of us. I sent you a PM to start a private discussion over the matter and YOU never responded. 

I really don't remember the mod's name, it was a New England mod. 

EDIT: Nobody asked me "Today"... I was just heading it off because of the previous warnings I have been given about off-topic discussion.

Seems to me that this subject has an intrinsically difficult relationship with the concept of banter.

Those of us who are really concerned about the effect AGW will have on us and posterity will have difficulty mustering the lighthearted POV inherent in banter.

I fear that those who seriously doubt that the topic is worthy of our concern probably won't come - I suppose I could be wrong about that but it doesn't seem logical.

I could rename the thread, my entire intention was to trade numbers and other random random OT discussion with a CC nature to it. This was just a continuation to a discussion that was probably going to further annoy the masses. Look, I enjoy the discussion.. that's why I didn't let it die over there.

PS: This quote system is jacked up.

I could rename the thread, my entire intention was to trade numbers and other random random OT discussion with a CC nature to it. This was just a continuation to a discussion that was probably going to further annoy the masses. Look, I enjoy the discussion.. that's why I didn't let it die over there.

PS: This quote system is jacked up.

Hey- I'll try it.......when I'm in the mood and if I don't feel I'm participating in a food fight.

If we're lucky, it might feel a bit like Christmas in the trenches in 1915 

So you don't remember the Mods name?

I guess you deleted his request?

A mod from New England asked you to stop talking about Climate Change in the Ohio Valley Sub-Forum?

Why are you lying about this?

I never said it was today, I was trying to keep the forum clean and moved it.

Why do you care? More crowd to preach to? 

News flash, they don't dig this commentary as much as the two of us. If you seriously are going to go on record as to NEVER having posters from that forum moaning over our CC banter, you are crazy.

This thread is created to censor talking about climo.  Like daily climo changes you know like the 30, 15, 10, 5 year averages.

Like how so many cities can no longer come close to cold 10-20F colder 15-20 years ago.

That's it man, it's not about banter, it's about censorship.

But trust me, entire threads will be created when a proven liar like Joe Bastardi say's January of 1978 or some super cold analog is his top match, snow bunny's all over will post the climo maps. 

but if you talk about  changes in your backyard.  Apparently moderators are sending private messages to poeple now to stop talking about it.  Not me, I have never recieved a PM from a mod to not talk about climo.

Apparently this mod is from the New England Region.

This thread is created to censor talking about climo.  Like daily climo changes you know like the 30, 15, 10, 5 year averages.

Like how so many cities can no longer come close to cold 10-20F colder 15-20 years ago.

That's it man, it's not about banter, it's about censorship.

But trust me, entire threads will be created when a proven liar like Joe Bastardi say's January of 1978 or some super cold analog is his top match, snow bunny's all over will post the climo maps. 

but if you talk about  changes in your backyard.  Apparently moderators are sending private messages to poeple now to stop talking about it.  Not me, I have never recieved a PM from a mod to not talk about climo.

Apparently this mod is from the New England Region.

Post a few more Climate change related posts in that thread... I'll keep it going and lets see how many we get before it gets moved over here.

Censorship? Wasn't I the only one who even responded to you?

I never said it was today, I was trying to keep the forum clean and moved it.

Why do you care? More crowd to preach to? 

News flash, they don't dig this commentary as much as the two of us. If you seriously are going to go on record as to NEVER having posters from that forum moaning over our CC banter, you are crazy.

No one has ever sent me a PM asking me to stop talking about Climo.

Your lying you either post who asked you this or your lying.  I am sure they would have sent this PM to many others as well.

They can come forward with the name of the moderator who appaerntly is promoting censorship over discussing climo.

Yet in the NY sub forum they have a thread about how NYC doesn't go below zero since 1994 I believe.

I can't fathom the moderators on this board would ask you to not talk about climo in the Ohio Valley Sub-forum but allow that kind of climo talk to go on.

Don Sutherland uses climo analog's all the time, maybe Don can shed some light on why they allow him to continue using climo.

No one has ever sent me a PM asking me to stop talking about Climo.

Your lying you either post who asked you this or your lying.  I am sure they would have sent this PM to many others as well.

They can come forward with the name of the moderator who appaerntly is promoting censorship over discussing climo.

Yet in the NY sub forum they have a thread about how NYC doesn't go below zero since 1994 I believe.

I can't fathom the moderators on this board would ask you to not talk about climo in the Ohio Valley Sub-forum but allow that kind of climo talk to go on.

Don Sutherland uses climo analog's all the time, maybe Don can shed some light on why they allow him to continue using climo.

I personally have been PMed and had numerous comments over the past year telling me to take my maps to the CC forum. You are a weird dude, plain and simple. Sorry to say.

I personally have been PMed and had numerous comments over the past year telling me to take my maps to the CC forum. You are a weird dude, plain and simple. Sorry to say.

I am weird dude because I have integrity and you don't.

If that makes me weird I think that is awesome.

So who Pmed you and told you that you can't talk about climo outside of this forum?

How come folks can post snow totals and historical temp records over and over and discuss Chicago futility records, why are they not heeding the PM warnings they should be getting?

You are apparently the only one who has been warned by a NEW ENGLAND MODERATOR to not discuss climo outside this forum.

I am weird dude because I have integrity and you don't.

If that makes me weird I think that is awesome.

So who Pmed you and told you that you can't talk about climo outside of this forum?

How come folks can post snow totals and historical temp records over and over and discuss Chicago futility records, why are they not heeding the PM warnings they should be getting?

You are apparently the only one who has been warned by a NEW ENGLAND MODERATOR to not discuss climo outside this forum.

I have already addressed this. 

Recap:

Have I ever been PMed for posting a barrage of climate change related maps? Yes

Have I been chastised in thread about a barrage of climate change related maps? Yes

Did I post a side thread to stifle discussion on a topic that I comment on often? No

Am I scared to discuss a potential decrease in snowfall for my area due to climate change? No ( I created this thread and started with maps)

Spring yes, Summer no. But thats not the point. Its a very valid reason that he picked January because it was said by someone to "look up" how Januarys near this latitude have been getting "way warmer" in recent decades...which is in fact...completely wrong.

:lol: Exactly. He loves snow, not what a mean temperature is. The only changes taking place where he lives, from a SNOW perspective, is that snowfall seems to be INCREASING, if the last decade is any indication.