SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's going to rock! Think positive. We will get to our average snowfall this winter 6-7", probably 2 events, 2-4" events :-)

I refuse to post in the Dec 2012 Banter thread, I am done with 2012.

I think I have heard this before. Really, the only thing keeping me positive is remembering how the winter of 1999-2000 sucked except for the two weeks at the end of January 2000, and that was well worth it.

I think I have heard this before. Really, the only thing keeping me positive is remembering how the winter of 1999-2000 sucked except for the two weeks at the end of January 2000, and that was well worth it.

Oh, come on now, Brick! Nothing keeps you positive about the weather, does it?! When's the last time you've been upbeat about the coming possibilities?

The cold and snow is always ten days away!!

:lol:

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Well, there was a big warmup the first part of Jan 2000, too. Maybe we could just have a repeat of that winter this Jan. I'll take a huge storm to make up for not having anymore storms.

I'm still curiously waiting on the "big" warm up. Not a single "big" warm up since September has lived up to its billing for my area.

I'm still curiously waiting on the "big" warm up. Not a single "big" warm up since September has lived up to its billing for my area.

I was talking about what happened here in January 2000. The first part of the month was warm. And the winter overall was terrible. But we still had two big snows, including the record one the last week of January then. Just saying that is what gives me hope.

I was talking about what happened here in January 2000. The first part of the month was warm. And the winter overall was terrible. But we still had two big snows, including the record one the last week of January then. Just saying that is what gives me hope.

I realized that after reading it again - I must have been thinking about the warm up you were talking about last week.

That's my bollocks on that one Brick.

Archived