joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to remind me of 08-09. More snow north and west, lots of changeover events and nickel and dime type stuff but in the end fairly average winter (I think I ended up with around 14 measurable snow events and 9 of 1" or greater but just one over 4")

Snow winding down here, still some flurries/light snow. Solid 3-5" on the ground. I measured an 8" snowpack from what was left over combined with the new stuff. I love these little events.

This is the worst weather condition for me. 33 and rain all day is worse than hell itself. Now w'ere getting light snow. No thanks

Here in brooklyn, it was a dud, woke up to 34 and cloudy by the time precip started it was around 36, it rained all day maybe some flakes mixed in at the start. Then a few more snowflakes flying now before its all over with temps down to 33. Oh we'll next time I guess.

I don't see how Upton still has 2.6" for us. I really don't see that happening given that the snow is winding down and we only have a coating.

New snowfall map as of 6:42PM:

seriously,how many times can you post the same thought,we get it, you think the snow isabout to end,and upton doesnt know what they are talking about---gee iwonder why no nws people post in NYC forum/

Measured 1.0" of snow in Port Jeff as of 6:28 PM.

I'm hoping some snow will linger over Suffolk County for a while...the radar is not encouraging...but with plenty of mid level moisture around, no anticyclone racing to build in, the low still to our south and pressures not yet rising out here, and, lastly, the warm Sound in play...hopefully we can squeeze out a bit more snow overnight.

00z sounding for KNYC shows drying above 700mb but saturation from H7 to the surface, and temperatures in snow growth region generally -8c to -10c which is very good. So low level clouds still spitting out a good deal of flakes given the boudnary layer saturation, some remaining lift, and good snow growth.

16mfc9.gif

Light snow continues in western Monmouth with nothing over me on radar.

33F. No accum but it lessens the pain a little bit.

Still frustrating. Was hoping to take my kids sledding over in holmdel park tomorrow. Obviously not gonna happen now. Hahaha oh well. What can you do. Onto the next potential. Lets hope somehow that storm next week can creep further north.

Still frustrating. Was hoping to take my kids sledding over in holmdel park tomorrow. Obviously not gonna happen now. Hahaha oh well. What can you do. Onto the next potential. Lets hope somehow that storm next week can creep further north.

Yeah tell me about it. Was looking forward to a nice 3"+ snowpack with this arctic air coming in. Given the way our recnt luck's transpired, the next storm will probably bury VA/NC, although areas from SE PA through NNJ have done decently this week b/t the 26th storm and today's event.

Let's get back to the pattern that buried Monmouth on Nov 7th. Would be a helluva feat if we can't reach our total for that day's event the rest of this winter. 12" out of season, 0.2" in season so far. 12.2". Others are now catching up to us. As you said, can't get caught up in it. I knew things weren't looking too good for us w/ the warming trend last night, but this morning's modelling offered renewed hope for at least an inch or two here.

seriously,how many times can you post the same thought,we get it, you think the snow isabout to end,and upton doesnt know what they are talking about---gee iwonder why no nws people post in NYC forum/

What are you talking about? Shouldn't you be in the Philly forum? They updated the map at 6:42 when most of the precip became light. Upton knows what they are doing, I read the disco. The snow is basically over and only a coating compared to the almost 3" forecast. Don't get me wrong, I actually have high respect towards Upton, they get the forecast right much more than many others do. No wonder why the mods don't like trolls jumping from other regions only to start trouble.

Still occasional light flurries. Picked up a slushy coating. It was nice while it lasted.

Yeah tell me about it. Was looking forward to a nice 3"+ snowpack with this arctic air coming in. Given the way our recnt luck's transpired, the next storm will probably bury VA/NC, although areas from SE PA through NNJ have done decently this week b/t the 26th storm and today's event.

Let's get back to the pattern that buried Monmouth on Nov 7th. Would be a helluva feat if we can't reach our total for that day's event the rest of this winter. 12" out of season, 0.2" in season so far. 12.2". Others are now catching up to us. As you said, can't get caught up in it. I knew things weren't looking too good for us w/ the warming trend last night, but this morning's modelling offered renewed hope for at least an inch or two here.

Yeah those NW burbs of Philly are doing pretty damn well as are the NYC burbs too. Im happy for those guys though they deserve it. However, i want a storm we could ALL share. Hahaha

Archived