joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The winter has barely begun....Central Park only averages 3-4" in December. February is when we usually get big storms. What I like is that we're seeing frequent snowfalls, and arctic air is coming down. Definitely a chance for a light snowfall next week.

I was just adding up my snow for the season so far. Got 5" with the early November storm. 0.7" with the event in late November. 0.7" on Christmas Eve. 1" for the noreaster after that, which changed to rain. Now 2" today.

So I have 9.4" for the season so far. It's barely January, and I'm closing in on 10" already. Well above normal. So I don't see how anyone can say it has been a poor season so far in north-central Jersey. Sure one was a freak early November storm, and the others have been very small nickel and dime events. But it all adds up. Almost 10" already is very good.

I was just adding up my snow for the season so far. Got 5" with the early November storm. 0.7" with the event in late November. 0.7" on Christmas Eve. 1" for the noreaster after that, which changed to rain. Now 2" today.

So I have 9.4" for the season so far. It's barely January, and I'm closing in on 10" already. Well above normal. So I don't see how anyone can say it has been a poor season so far in north-central Jersey. Sure one was a freak early November storm, and the others have been very small nickel and dime events. But it all adds up. Almost 10" already is very good.

this is 10t0% right, pretty much all of our region is running above normal,and you cant just discount the november storm (historic), and the small stuff the last two weeks.....rain/snow issues are normal in nyc esp for december storms

Also, it has changed back to sleet here with a few flakes starting to mix in. Maybe I can add on a few more tenths to that 9.4" season total so far.

Enhancement of banding in eastern NJ/NYC/western LI as per latest radar trends, seems like convective returns are popping in a cellular fashion in this zone to consolidate soon. Either that or my eyes are teasing me for watching too many radar screens the past eight hours.

Archived