SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a moderate event for much of the region... the .50 contour is not far from the city on both the NAM and GFS. I would not be surprised if it actually ends up west of the city in the end. Looks like a general 3-6 inches for the city on north, including the north shore of LI and NE/NW Jersey; with pockets of up to 8 in some locations. Will be a nice fast snow event for us. And it will stick around for a while since we will be really cold next week!!!

I'd shift that zone farther to the west and include parts of the north shore of Nassau. Those maps are skewed towards some particularly good C-E LI winters in the 2000s. You could probably find a similar period where the bullesye was Nassau - western Suffolk.

Good point, as anyone living on C-E Long Island after Blizzard of '78 knows the storms until the new century were a West v East variety. March 2001 began a great decade for North Shore v South Shore snow totals, and those are precisely the winters I was reviewing on your website.

Archived