Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm obs snow/ice/rain/wind 12/26/12

Allsnow

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes it might be a little cooler than what point and click NWS spits out, yes you might have half inch of snow and its still coming down so maybe you reach 1 or even 2 inches...but the overall evolution of the storm remains the same. grasping at straws if you think anyone outside of Middletown and points N and W have a shot at all snow.

I respectfully beg to differ. If it snows like this until dark, we'll easily have 3 or 4 inches. And that's a MAJOR difference versus 'less than a half inch' on what is a work day and heavy travel day.

I'm not criticizing, just providing an observation versus a forecast to inform, and perhaps even folks from the NWS are peeking in. I also don't think it's likely we stay all frozen, and I never said anything close to that.

Raining in Linden...snowing here. Transition is on the move into the immediate burbs.

Are you sure? It's snowing in Rahway, according to a coworker and it's snowing here in Metuchen, about 10 miles SSW of Linden. Temps here have dropped to 30-31F in the Edison/Metuchen area and snow is coming down at a good clip with 1/2" on the ground. I know the changeover is coming, but it's still nice to see some snow.

This is one of the few times I'm not rooting for snow, since at 8 pm, I'm leaving with a few buddies for a drive to Orlando for the RU-VT bowl game - much rather drive through rain than snow.

Very heavy snow here now...pretty awesome. Sucks that it will be short lived.

The 850 line is still down near Toms River so that's why I think you have a while and that it's probably not raining in Linden. Temperatures could be warmer at 800mb but wouldn't that support more of a snow/sleet mix considering how cold 850s and 925s are as well as the surface?

Sorry, I was really hoping for you. I enjoyed your storm analysis leading up to this event very much.

Yeah I wasn't expecting much more than a coating or so here, thanks though. The folks in the game were the TTN-EWR-NYC corridor, and it looks like you guys in N/NE NJ and Manhattan might be able to pull a 1-3" out of this before the changeover.

The 850 line is still down near Toms River so that's why I think you have a while and that it's probably not raining in Linden. Temperatures could be warmer at 800mb but wouldn't that support more of a snow/sleet mix considering how cold 850s and 925s are as well as the surface?

Its warmer above that level and below. Raining here in Ewing near Trenton.

Just starting to flurry a bit in Poughkeepsie. High temp of 25 so far, well short of the mid 30's that were forecast. As much as I'd love to see some of the higher snowfall totals for this area come to fruition, I've experienced so many sleet storms in the past several years, that I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Yeah I wasn't expecting much more than a coating or so here, thanks though. The folks in the game were the TTN-EWR-NYC corridor, and it looks like you guys in N/NE NJ and Manhattan might be able to pull a 1-3" out of this before the changeover.

I thought we were in the game too, but obviously that didn't work out. Only a trace of snow and sleet before it changed to rain.

Archived