Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread II

dryslot

1.9" as of 6:30pm and still snowing

Right with me... I sent in 2.1" to BTV at 7pm.

Nothing overly impressive but nice to have persistent light snow. Now that we've got a good base snowpack down, these little nickle and dime events are nice to keep everything fresh.

I was watching radar and the mountain sat in a band for a bit this evening, while we were on the eastern side of it, so I bet Mansfield's up near 4" right now. Radar is trying to blossom again, with the coastal low, so we'll see what happens overnight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Killington is in the jackpot again. Its still snowing and it snowed heavily all day here. It sure is nice after last year where Killington was one of the areas with the lowest totals. Skiing here is amazing now. The mountain is having record setting attendance.

Agreed. Couple of amazing days, just getting really crowded. Still snowing and forecast looking good!

Another 2" bump.......sweet

EZ020>022-025>028-300930-

/O.CON.KGYX.WS.W.0008.000000T0000Z-121230T1200Z/

ANDROSCOGGIN-KENNEBEC-INTERIOR WALDO-SAGADAHOC-LINCOLN-KNOX-

COASTAL WALDO-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LEWISTON-AUBURN...LIVERMORE FALLS...

AUGUSTA...WATERVILLE...WINTERPORT...UNITY...BATH...TOPSHAM...

BOOTHBAY HARBOR...WISCASSET...WALDOBORO...CAMDEN...ROCKLAND...

THOMASTON...BELFAST...LINCOLNVILLE

743 PM EST SAT DEC 29 2012

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST

SUNDAY.

* LOCATIONS...THE MID COAST OF MAINE.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW.

Pretty unimpressive here. About 2", maybe hair more. Had a few moderate periods this afternoon, but the flakes were very small, and, as mentioned had a hard time accumulating. Radar looking really unimpressive and though it's still lightly snowing, think I'm about done here for any more depth.

Oh well, got more than I expected in The Wednesday/Thursday event...it's all good :D

I spent most of the day at my brother in law's on the Middlesex/Moretown/Berlin line and he had a little more than that when I left around 5:00. I'd say he had a bit over 3" then and it was still coming down moderate to heavy. Of course back up in those hills they seem to attract snow.

I spent most of the day at my brother in law's on the Middlesex/Moretown/Berlin line and he had a little more than that when I left around 5:00. I'd say he had a bit over 3" then and it was still coming down moderate to heavy. Of course back up in those hills they seem to attract snow.

Well, I put on my boots and went out to the table near my shed. Two and a half inches on the nose. Guess the stoop next to the back door suffered from some "shadowing" from the house...lol. Still, I'm under 1,000' feet here at 880'. I'm selling this house either this summer or next. Need a smaller place. I'm taking suggestions for sweet spots in Washington or Lamoille county ;-)

Event totals: 2.1” Snow/0.19” L.E.

I only had time between ski sessions to take observations at 5:00 P.M., but I’m passing those along now. Snowfall was pretty consistent through the afternoon, but flakes were small, so the snow on the snowboard was a very synoptic-like 9.0% H2O. Flake size has certainly increased this evening however, so I’d expect the next round of snow to come in drier.

At last check there was another 0.8” of snow on the snowboard, so season snowfall has hit the 50” mark, and is now actually ahead of average. The second half of December has been excellent for snowfall, with over 40” so far here in the valley since the 16th, and still a couple of days to go in the month.

Details from the 5:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.19 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 11.1

Snow Density: 9.0% H2O

Temperature: 23.2 F

Sky: Moderate Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 15.5 inches

Event totals: 3.2” Snow/0.26” L.E.

Flake size had increased a bit this evening, but when I headed out for 11:00 P.M. observations they were generally small and there was also some graupel in there. Even with some graupel the snow density has dropped notably from earlier today, coming in at 6.4% H2O vs. the 9.0% H2O found at the 5:00 P.M. observations. The snowfall rate is still probably light, but substantial enough that there was another tenth of an inch down by the time I headed back inside.

Details from the 11:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.07 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 15.7

Snow Density: 6.4% H2O

Temperature: 21.2 F

Sky: Light Snow/Graupel (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 16.0 inches

Well, I put on my boots and went out to the table near my shed. Two and a half inches on the nose. Guess the stoop next to the back door suffered from some "shadowing" from the house...lol. Still, I'm under 1,000' feet here at 880'. I'm selling this house either this summer or next. Need a smaller place. I'm taking suggestions for sweet spots in Washington or Lamoille county ;-)

Depending on what you're looking for in a town, Woodbury, parts of East Montpelier, Calais and Worcester are great in Washington. In Lamoille, Elmore, Wolcott, parts of Morristown and Hyde Park are what I'm most familiar with. Of course there is Stowe and Waterbury but I prefer a bit further north.

Event totals: 5.9” Snow/0.33” L.E.

I’d still call the snowfall light in intensity, but flake size is definitely up now and it’s accumulating more easily. Snow density has dropped way down like we typically see from upslope snow.

Details from the 7:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 2.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.07 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 38.6

Snow Density: 2.6% H2O

Temperature: 16.2 F

Sky: Light Snow (3-10 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 19.0 inches

Archived