Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread II

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter Storm Warnings out for parts of the Greens and western slopes. Rutland County getting hit hard already.

...RUTLAND COUNTY...

KILLINGTON 6.1 246 PM 12/29 PUBLIC

POULTNEY 5.0 300 PM 12/29 PUBLIC

RUTLAND 5.0 150 PM 12/29 ROADS SLIPPERY

MENDON 4.5 228 PM 12/29 PUBLIC

WELLS 2.0 104 PM 12/29 TRAINED SPOTTER

SHREWSBURY 2.0 103 PM 12/29 TRAINED SPOTTER

DANBY 1.6 145 PM 12/29 TRAINED SPOTTER

Excellent little surpise in Leb thus far. We have about 4 inches and it continues to snow. On the negative side, the roads are absolutely horrible, and there was a 20 car accident around exit 22-23 on I 93 in NH.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/20-vehicles-involved-in-major-crash-on-I-93-5-hurt/-/9857858/17944974/-/drh17kz/-/index.html

That's a great capture! What cam do you have? Been looking to upgrade my ip wxcam.

Stardot NetCam SC 5MP with day/night (IR). I got it during their big Black Friday sale. I just need an IR illuminator and an outdoor enclosure. I have it temporarily running out the window right now.

Shoes, sticks, and snow. These are some of my favorite things.

Proud to be a Lab, and do what Labs do!

Our Lab was surprisingly uninterested today in all the deer tracks within 40-50' of the house, made the past two nights. Deer stay above the 7" crusty base, I don't - time to bring out the racquets.

Now under WWA for 4-6" - not bad at all, considering that all forecasts more than 24 hr ago brought my area flurries or nada. 1st hr snow brings 0.1", but the poor sublimated flakes are still trying to moisten the column.

Looks great.. Video performance samples also look impressive on the Stardot site.. Are you going to post the cam stills and/or video publicly?

Yeah...I'll post a link to the cam site once I get it permanently mounted outside. I still need to find the ideal place/angle to keep the lens from pointing into the sun. That image I posted is facing west.

A little over 2" now. Should let up over the next couple hours before ramping up one more time...although the heaviest should stay over eastern Hillsborough and Rockingham.

4.2" down and still snowing. It's lightened up some and doesn't seem to be stacking up like it was a few hours ago though.

Beautiful out there.

Yikes, That sucks dude, You can use the break to get repairs done

Yeah--might even go look for a newish plow to put on the newish truck. Enough effing around with the old gear.

Pretty unimpressive here. About 2", maybe hair more. Had a few moderate periods this afternoon, but the flakes were very small, and, as mentioned had a hard time accumulating. Radar looking really unimpressive and though it's still lightly snowing, think I'm about done here for any more depth.

Oh well, got more than I expected in The Wednesday/Thursday event...it's all good :D

Archived