• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
**BANTER THREAD** Rolling into active period...wintry potential increasing, so are toaster sales

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41F for a high here, We have a 40% across the board chance of frozen from sun-weds on the P&C

BTV busting out widespread 50% or greater chances for snow every period Sun-Wed except Monday night is only 40%, haha.

I like Tuesday-Wednesday with a 50% chance of snow. That's pretty high POPS for a day 6-7 forecast.

Sunday: Snow likely. Highs around 30. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Sunday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Lows in the lower 20s.

Monday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s.

Monday Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the mid 20s.

Tuesday Through Wednesday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the upper 20s.

BTV busting out widespread 50% or greater chances for snow every period Sun-Wed except Monday night is only 40%, haha.

I like Tuesday-Wednesday with a 50% chance of snow. That's pretty high POPS for a day 6-7 forecast.

Sunday: Snow likely. Highs around 30. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Sunday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Lows in the lower 20s.

Monday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s.

Monday Night: Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the mid 20s.

Tuesday Through Wednesday: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the upper 20s.

Yeah, I thought 40% was high here, We will see plenty of changes one way or the other on the front end or the back end it seems

like it matters to you in late dec with centers south of you.

It could definitely rain here if the most extreme westward solution took place...days and days to go before storm. Could be out to Bermuda, too. We've seen all models indicate big storms at this lead time, only to see it completely disappear.

I'm just stoked to have a "storm" to focus on, rather than the pattern. In the end, its just fun to forecast a storm and watch it evolve, regardless of where it tracks.

epic swan dives the next few days , i will travel for this storm, i realistically have the option of n. conway for a few days next week (tue/wed/thur or wed/thru fri) and if i choose n. conway , u can better believe i will spend a day or two @ wildcat where the base is 2k and the snow likes to DUMP :) if it rains all the way up there across from mt. washington then i will actually prob. throw up my hands and say well at least it rains for everyone, of course the 0z gfs says go further NE young man, to saddleback/sugarloaf. i think that will not be necessary at this point, but still possible of course and i'm sure wildcat would still do pretty good.

Don't let Tippy see this... it has nothing to do with cold air and if he hears one more person say it may not be cold enough he'll lose it.

;)

Goddamnit with this cold air schit ...

haha. No, it's not all that - I understand the motivation, and to repeat my self, I was just giving folks' the business.

This run has wave spacing issue in the GFS. Tracking the main player back along the flow ... impulses bullying their way off the Pac damp in this GFS run, such then by the time the impulse gets East of the MV, it's flatter.

It's interesting the the higher res models don't do that.

Archived