• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Why is Pittsburgh now categorized in the Lakes/OV region?

Not sure it really makes any sense, to be honest. I mean, I know that we are kind of stuck in the middle here between the different regions, but my personal preference, and I think many that post here in the Pittsburgh region would agree, would be to stay in the same region as central PA. I know that when there is a major event going on, I will pop in there from time to time just due to proximity and the fact we are ofter impacted by the same storms. I know I do not go into the Ohio threads nearly as much, as firstly, there aren't as many posters, and many of the posters that are from that region live in Columbus and further west.

Just my opinion, but really makes more sense to have us stay in here....and probably best to keep this here so other Pittsburgh members can chime in, or least discuss it.

Not sure it really makes any sense, to be honest. I mean, I know that we are kind of stuck in the middle here between the different regions, but my personal preference, and I think many that post here in the Pittsburgh region would agree, would be to stay in the same region as central PA. I know that when there is a major event going on, I will pop in there from time to time just due to proximity and the fact we are ofter impacted by the same storms. I know I do not go into the Ohio threads nearly as much, as firstly, there aren't as many posters, and many of the posters that are from that region live in Columbus and further west.

Just my opinion, but really makes more sense to have us stay in here....and probably best to keep this here so other Pittsburgh members can chime in, or least discuss it.

It didn't move. There is a thread already here it just has been slow lately so nobody has been posting. I see it listed in under the heading by I am still posting in the one on here.

I think somebody just needs to take it off the Lakes/Ohio Valley description.

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't move. There is a thread already here it just has been slow lately so nobody has been posting. I see it listed in under the heading by I am still posting in the one on here.

I think somebody just needs to take it off the Lakes/Ohio Valley description.

I am trying to get the staff to do that right now. I think it may keep new people from posting in the true Pitt thread in the Upstate NY/PA subforum if they see Pittsburgh mentioned in the description about the Lakes/OV region subforum and then go to that subforum and see no thread for us.

My big concern is we might miss out on new posters. Their argument is the weather in western PA more closely resembles the Lakes and OV region than it does the Upstate NY/PA area but I am hopeful it changes.

The winter weather "game" for here is much more similar to Pa west of 81 than it is the Ohio Valley. They are rooting for a storm to go up our collective ass so they can get snow. No thanks.

With some variations of course, what is good for interior pa is usually good for us. So I'd much rather be along side the central pa thread

The winter weather "game" for here is much more similar to Pa west of 81 than it is the Ohio Valley. They are rooting for a storm to go up our collective ass so they can get snow. No thanks.

With some variations of course, what is good for interior pa is usually good for us. So I'd much rather be along side the central pa thread

Been taken care of. The staff is pretty good about those things.

Archived