• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Heading into December

Alpha5

Judging by the map posted above looks that is just to the north of me grrrrrr lol. Looks pretty narrow also.

That's a 3 hour snapshot....it continues to trudge south in later frames...just not as intense....it's just a model!!!!  SUNY MM5 has been doing quite well for the beginning of this event, as well as most of the last event.  I think most will at least get 3-4" as the band pushes through...with some localized 6-8" where the band lingers a bit, and favorite upslope areas, late tonight and into tomorrow.....then probably another quick bout as band heads back north Sat. morning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, another dissapointing winter around these parts. Maybe It's because I've been spoiled with some amazing storms and snow totals the past few years, excluding last year. I'm getting to the point now where I hope It doesn't snow anymore. Bring on the summer and the beach weather!

I agree...but then again I'm not so sure the model is going to pick up on the fact that I'm sure a lot of the L. Erie ice is broken up....that may really nicely aid to one last good event off Erie before the sad faces pop up! ;)

There isn't even ice on the beach as I drove by there today. completely open water as far as the eye can see. We have another 2-3 weeks of consistent cold before it completely shuts down the Lake Effect Machine. Judging by the long range pattern it looks to get warm again after this week. I honestly don't think the Lake is going to completely freeze over this year.

Hey LEK,

Is that the new run of the 18Z? That hammers Syracuse at rush hour!

Yes...hotlink FTL....or maybe FTW...Just remember...it seems the BUF WRF's have been a bit unstable....moreso this year (at least from eyeballing)...that said, I feel pretty confident that the line shifts through the SYR area...but have doubts on the strength.  We shall see.

Yes...hotlink FTL....or maybe FTW...Just remember...it seems the BUF WRF's have been a bit unstable....moreso this year (at least from eyeballing)...that said, I feel pretty confident that the line shifts through the SYR area...but have doubts on the strength.  We shall see.

Thanks! Winds are keeping this disorganized over the lake. That has me worried that organization will be too late as this swings south and breaks up quickly into multiband.

Give us 4 days....then talk!! :)  30-50 inches over the next 5 days for the Tug Hill area...and everywhere near by that area should get things going again in a hurry...and then next weeks clippers and subsequent bouts of LES....I think it will be a great February around these parts....and we'll get another EC storm pretty soon I'd presume.

Oohh, boy, that's a pretty thin candle flicker going on now. Mostly wind, but more power to ya'.

Archived