• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A day in the life of the NYC Forum (Updated)

earthlight

21 of them from TheTrials saying "a lot of people say the blocking is bad" or "a lot of people say winter is over" or "a lot of people say the euro stinks".

Makes me want to strangle him. "A lot of people are saying the MJO will enter phase 4"

• 1 year later...

I had to stop by, and just commend you Earthlight, not only for your moderate moderation, but the humor, that SOME of us can see, and is so oblivious to the posters you referenced.

I'm Philly, born and bred, but was still in NYC when we had to watch 2009 be a record season in Philly. Still, we got our share the highlight of my membership in this forum, was taking on a professional "Met", who didn't believe NYC would get more than 16", my prediction, in Central Park. A Peter Luger dinner was waged.

Of course, this turned out to be the snowicane, a retrograde storm that looped around giving NYC a double barrel shot, and a win for me. I will never forget that radar signature, which if in the Tropics, you would swear was buzz saw with inflow and outflow. It literally went west to east from NYC Metro where I lived, to Montauk and OTS.

I remember you as a patient, well humored moderator. Happy to be back in Philly ( since November 2010 ), but Philly was shafted last year, and I'm in the City now, not the traditional colder NW suburbs. I still have significant business interests in NYC, so I'm there frequently. I wish I could remember the name of the poster I beat, a Peter Luger dinner is too much to pass up.

Great job Earthlight, which I mentioned on the Philly Metro forum.

All the best to you for a Happy New Year!

P.S. If you have 5 minutes and that thread was archived, the February storm of 2010, I believe, PM me with the member's name....if he is still here.

Archived