Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

So...pissed...off!!!

Of course, the only active week thus far for Central PA and I'm home in Philadelphia for the one of only 2-3 weeks I'm ever out of State College!! Last storm we got about 15 minutes of flakes before a change over, and now for tomorrow we are expecting at most a few inches if we are lucky enough to hold off the WAA!!!

Just blows my mind how the weather hates me.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting ready for the 20 year reunion tour. It's a lock to happen! :wacko:

Reading through this thread, a lot of the posts could have been from 3 days ago.. seems a recurring theme to winter.

I know it doesn't seem like it, but by the numbers  our winter so far has been one of the most consistent in the past 30 years.

If you look back in the monthly snow records page, very few years have Dec, Jan., and Feb all with double digit snowfall totals.

Only 7 of the past 33 have had that, with 3 of those occuring in the past 4 years.

20 year reunion.....be there !!

I'm convinced that whereever I live is an automatic jinx for a big snowstorm. I mean hell, even W-B has a good shot of getting 6" from this one and they're in a "screw zone"! And what's here? 1-3"? 2-4"?

You could always move to Phoenix, AZ. This was 75th Ave and I-10 in the southwest part of the city this past week...

phoenix+snow+3.jpg

I know it doesn't seem like it, but by the numbers  our winter so far has been one of the most consistent in the past 30 years.

If you look back in the monthly snow records page, very few years have Dec, Jan., and Feb all with double digit snowfall totals.

Only 7 of the past 33 have had that, with 3 of those occuring in the past 4 years.

20 year reunion.....be there !!

Definitely not a bad winter for our area. We had a fairly decent storm on the 26th of Dec and cold and snow each month. I think we are at or above climo for snow totals this year so anything else is gravy in that department.

As for the 20 year reunion, bring it! I'd even be happy with totals half of what we got in 93. It is looking like a cool to cold start to March so I won't give up on something in the 4-6 or greater range just yet.

My plans for the big storm:

Sit in outside hottub, with large tv and waterproof keyboard (gotta post here)

Get my self a nice adult beverage

Smoke a nice ceeegar

And find me a nice weather groupie  gal to enjoy this.

Now the bad news:

I don't have an outdoor hottub

I don't drink

I don't smoke 

And my wife won't let me bring home groupies.

And of course the most important reason..

We won't get any snow.

My plans for the big storm:

Sit in outside hottub, with large tv and waterproof keyboard (gotta post here)

Get my self a nice adult beverage

Smoke a nice ceeegar

And find me a nice weather groupie gal to enjoy this.

Now the bad news:

I don't have an outdoor hottub

I don't drink

I don't smoke

And my wife won't let me bring home groupies.

And of course the most important reason..

We won't get any snow.

Best post ever lol

Classic March weather, grey and cold, the way it should be.

Great weather for hiking through the woods.

And for all those whos panties are in a bunch about the lack of warm weather, it'll be here sooner than you think.

Society is in such a rush to start something. For example, DST would be more natural to start at the end of April, not early March, which is too much of a change for early risers.

Radio stations here in Pgh feel the need to start playing Christmas music right after Halloween.

And Halloween is being campained right after Labor Day.

Damn..... people, just relax.

NYC forum, where you can whine on and on, weeniecast, post weenie models and still get huge snowstorms.

I guarantee that if I-95 had Central PA's run of luck over the last 9 winters generally, this board would have imploded long ago. Definitely NYC's board where I crack up every time one of the many bickering matches start up there. It's one of the reasons I come back here more and more. It's been great here since 2009 when I came back but some make it seem like there's almost some kind of a drought unless we get to the flake what Boston gets or a MECS is forecasted every week.

• 1 month later...

The extended forecast of 50's and 60's is ok with me.

It will be nice to have near normal temps for awhile, before we eventually warm permanently.

P.S.: After seeing the northern plains and upper midwest get hit with wind driven snowstorms the past few weeks, next winter will be all about the elusive Miller A.

No BL issues, pockets of warm air aloft issues, weakening with coastal redevelopment........ none of that BS.

Just a strong, wind driven Miller A.

And if there's a sharp backside cut-off, then so be it, at least there was a Miller A to track.

• 3 weeks later...

It's May 12th in Pennsylvania.

No, temps will not stay in the 50's and 60's through the rest of spring and summer.

Knee jerk reactions from the general public are expected, because most don't know any better.

In here, everyone should know better.

Look at the numbers folks, April and May haven't been that cold.

• 7 months later...

Archived