SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a response to Voyager that was completely out of line IMO.

It was...kind of. He had a point, though, that there was a complaint thread, and I agree I should have used it. I got caught in the moment though when someone posted about all the blizzard warnings. I didn't have a problem with him though. He said what he thought, I responded, and then it was over.

Neff got banned because he went into the MA threads and posted the SREF's that showed a north progression of the system, and the low Phineas over there went nuts on him.

The funny thing is, the SREF's still showed DC getting destroyed, and also ended up being pretty damn close to correct in the end along with the NAM.

Phineas, trix, and several others need to be the ones banned, not Neff.

When neff came back he seemed to have an agenda almost...regardless, it's a weather board and banning him for posting maps seems extreme. I know for a fact that there are MA posters that go in the New England forums and do the exact same thing...

Eh, it's one of the main reasons why I don't post more than I do. There is an elitist feel to this board at times. It's frustrating watching some people just tear others up and that's deemed perfectly okay, but if the shoe falls on the other foot, someone gets banned instantly. There is definitely an "in" crowd on here. 

I now have 3' of snow for the season and am starting to feel half bad about it.

I'm 50 years old. When I was younger i was jealous of places like State College, Williamsport, Scranton, Altoona, etc. It seemed like every time we got 2" down here, those areas got 6". If we got 4", they got 10". So many times it would snow and after several hours we'd flip to sleet or rain and I was about ready to cry. Then I felt even worse when I'd see pictures from upstate where snow was up to people's windows. (at least that's how it looked to my adolescent eyes :))

To think that really for the past decade the LSV has crushed the middle and upper Susky valleys just seems absurd. Fluky years...sure. But the pattern just keeps on going...

I'm 50 48 years old. When I was younger i was jealous of places like State College, Williamsport, Scranton, Altoona, etc. It seemed like every time we got 2" down here, those areas got 6". If we got 4", they got 10". So many times it would snow and after several hours we'd flip to sleet or rain and I was about ready to cry. Then I felt even worse when I'd see pictures from upstate where snow was up to people's windows. (at least that's how it looked to my adolescent eyes :))

All I had to do was quote you and change the age to 48. That and I lived in Bethlehem and not the LSV, but the story is almost exactly the same... :lol:

Heh, people on here tell stories about how the media weather forecasts would always say "more snow the further north you go".

Those stories are true. When I lived in Bethlehem, I used to watch the Philly news and almost every time we had snow, that was what the mets down there would say...

• 2 weeks later...

Another fail of a storm on tap. Another time when heavy precip will have no issue targeting the area when it's rain.

The joke of an "interior winter" continues. Our highlight is a 30-minute squall from an arctic front. And the one big snowstorm decided to make the rich even richer :axe:

I honestly can't imagine your frustration.

Archived