• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

I'm sick of boring events that are only fun to pad stats, I'm tired of unreal cold and going through 3 bags of wood pellets a day, and I'm tired of snow that isn't high impact. I've had it with sweeping 1 inch of snow and talking about how it makes me closer to seasonal averages lol.

This x1000. I'd rather hit seasonal average with four 10" snowstorms than twenty 2" messes. Nickel and diming your way to seasonal is not fun when just about every other region gets one or more high impact storms.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This x1000. I'd rather hit seasonal average with four 10" snowstorms than twenty 2" messes. Nickel and diming your way to seasonal is not fun when just about every other region gets one or more high impact storms.

I'm a weird bird I guess, lol I could care less about snow packs and keeping records, I'm far more interested in dynamic systems and memorable systems rain or snow.

I'm a weird bird I guess, lol I could care less about snow packs and keeping records, I'm far more interested in dynamic systems and memorable systems rain or snow.

Exactly! After awhile the snowpack gets old to look at. I like when we get a big storm, it melts in about a week or two, then we get another big storm, and repeat the cycle. Watching a 2 inch pixie dust special is nothing to get exited about...really.

BTW, I rolled through Williamsport today on my way to Tioga. I thought of you as I looked at the grey, but snowless skies.

Exactly! After awhile the snowpack gets old to look at. I like when we get a big storm, it melts in about a week or two, then we get another big storm, and repeat the cycle. Watching a 2 inch pixie dust special is nothing to get exited about...really.

BTW, I rolled through Williamsport today on my way to Tioga. I thought of you as I looked at the grey, but snowless skies.

Aw, but that setup could apply here too, why didn't you think of me :(

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

during my time in the fire dept, i have responded to 1000's of calls all of assorted nature, seen things that people really shouldn't see, images ingrained in my mind. This is one incident whoever was there, will never forget. if i ever write a book, this gets its own chapter. i'm not sure if i was ever so scared. the 3rd slide with the truck going in the gate with the armed gaurd, was the gate we entered, i remember turning to my crew and asking, "everyone good with this?" and one of my guys just said "lock and load" which was our term for putting our Facepiece on for our breathing apparatus that we were going to work. I've never been to a war zone, but i imagine this is what it looks like.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/10/riots_at_camp_hill_prison_were.html#incart_river_home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYdM9Sopj8s

just check out the video and some of the pictures from those couple days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cold as **** out there tonight. Coal stove is cranking in the den. Den is normally 85-90º, it's about 80º in there tonight. Would not be surprised if the oil furnace kicks on at some point. And at this point, I don't mind that. We've used less than 15 gallons of oil this season by relying on the stove.

Cold as **** out there tonight. Coal stove is cranking in the den. Den is normally 85-90º, it's about 80º in there tonight. Would not be surprised if the oil furnace kicks on at some point. And at this point, I don't mind that. We've used less than 15 gallons of oil this season by relying on the stove.

I put a wood stove in last year and it's great. I enjoy burning wood and I get all I want for free. We have natural gas as our heat and it never kicks on anymore. I'm saving easily $100 a month.

Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend.

Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend.

You know it's gonna happen brother. We have seen too many of these tight gradient events to expect the best. Think high end advisory.

Somebody sent me a message on FB showing how S&S on almost every post asks for money. 

They don't have real jobs, and their "leader" is a wannabe who claimed to be enrolled in PSU Yorks met program (which doesn't exist). He also wasn't in the student directory.

Really excited to use the snow plow on the tractor that came with our house. Might have been better to throw on the blower though.

They don't have real jobs, and their "leader" is a wannabe who claimed to be enrolled in PSU Yorks met program (which doesn't exist). He also wasn't in the student directory.

Really excited to use the snow plow on the tractor that came with our house. Might have been better to throw on the blower though.

i know they're a bunch of ---------------...................anyhow, glad to see you back posting.  The plow works well, i've never used a blower on a tractor before.  How hard is it to switch it over? i can't imagine its that difficult. 

i know they're a bunch of ---------------...................anyhow, glad to see you back posting.  The plow works well, i've never used a blower on a tractor before.  How hard is it to switch it over? i can't imagine its that difficult. 

I have no idea how hard it may be to hook up the blower. We purchased the house from my grandmother because she was moving into a retirement community. It came with the tractor (Ariens GT-18) and all sorts of implements. I'm kind of learning how to use it as I go.

Not mine, but identical:

IMG_5932.1.jpg

I have no idea how hard it may be to hook up the blower. We purchased the house from my grandmother because she was moving into a retirement community. It came with the tractor (Ariens GT-18) and all sorts of implements. I'm kind of learning how to use it as I go.

Not mine, but identical:

IMG_5932.1.jpg

hook that beotch up.....that thing is a beast. I needs me one for my John Deere :)

Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend. Do not think about a SE trend.

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

Archived