joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This border region has just been crushed this year.  It has always found a way to snow here.  People in the MA forum would say keep your observations in PA, people in PA say keep your observations in the MA.  No matter what the event it has produced here.  I wish the entire region could cash in and for my sake I am glad south of me will get more for a change than here.  Missing work because you are crushed and 20 miles south is getting nothing over and over again has been tough and frustrating.  At least this will shut down the big cites.  It has been an awful gradient winter and I am hoping for a last minute push north so more of us can enjoy.

Today I almost wish we could splinter off storm OBS into its own thread...nothing worse weather-wise than having to see people in your own region reporting heavy snow while you're squeezing flurries.

You gotta grow a backbone, kid. I don't think you're cut out for this hobby. You can't control your emotions.

You should have seen Matt's near meltdown in the Mid Atlantic thread last night...

lol....again, man, some on here need to find a hobby they can handle. I've shown this board to people before during a potential bust and they've asked me what I am doing hanging out on a forum for kids. They were stunned when I told them most are adults.

lol....again, man, some on here need to find a hobby they can handle. I've shown this board to people before during a potential bust and they've asked me what I am doing hanging out on a forum for kids. They were stunned when I told them most are adults.

I know what your saying, but then again, Matt isn't a little kid. He's a well educated professional and a respected member of the AMWX community. It happens to the best of us at times I suppose.

I know what your saying, but then again, Matt isn't a little kid. He's a well educated professional and a respected member of the AMWX community. It happens to the best of us at times I suppose.

It IS a bit odd, though.

I enjoy getting reactions from people on the board. My favorite is my work buddy Robin, a no-nonsense hilariously profane country gal who says the funniest **** about AmWx which I laugh at but some would probably get pretty pissed about even though she's joking.

This is a complaint thread anyway lol.

Nothing specified about we can complain about. I had a ****ty steak last night at a restaurant party for my best friend here. Imma go post on a gourmet board about how crushed I am.

Not sure how its any different than the breakdowns people have when a sports team loses.. If your emotionally invested in the outcome of something for which you don't have any control over and it ends badly its only natural to be upset / disapointed. / pissed off especially when you have put a lot of time into following it.

Not sure how its any different than the breakdowns people have when a sports team loses.. If your emotionally invested in the outcome of something for which you don't have any control over and it ends badly its only natural to be upset / disapointed. / pissed off especially when you have put a lot of time into following it.

Exactly!!!

Exactly!!!

I find that equally ridiculous. I enjoy sports too, but if my team loses, big f'in deal.

But if bitching about uncontrollable circumstances is your thing, this thread is the place to do it. Carry on.

When I was younger missing snowstorms darn near made me depressed. I was not fun to be around at all. That was back in the 70s and 80s...

There are far too many important things in life to both enjoy and deal with that fretting over snow seems...well, I just don't anymore. It's snow. Not my job, my wife, my kids, my community involvement. It's...snow.

I find that equally ridiculous. I enjoy sports too, but if my team loses, big f'in deal.

But if bitching about uncontrollable circumstances is your thing, this thread is the place to do it. Carry on.

I agree, and other than a little disappointment, which is normal, life goes on and I don't fret over it. What I don't understand though is the ridicule some get if they do get upset over such things. It's their life, and if missing out on snow The main point here) is a depressing or disappointing thing, so be it.

Agree

I won't lie...I've thought about moving on. I don't want to feel like what you've mentioned about how your co-workers think we're kids. It always happens to me though with these storms.

The key is to think about it as a minor part of your life, something you enjoy. Like sports. It's disappointing sure but no more than anything that has a real effect on your life.

I see a lot of people who even in a great winter get really upset about stuff. That's the thing...if people are getting stressed out over snow during a big snow winter...when will they be happy? That's why I have to laugh when I see people in the preseason get happy over a cold/snowy winter.

If we aren't going to get a big event 10"+ I wish it would warm up. At this rate it's going to be April before I can play some golf or hike again. I hate the look of the trough axis. Too Far East for a big hug I think although maybe in march something can pop with the shorter wavelengths.

The key is to think about it as a minor part of your life, something you enjoy. Like sports. It's disappointing sure but no more than anything that has a real effect on your life.

I see a lot of people who even in a great winter get really upset about stuff. That's the thing...if people are getting stressed out over snow during a big snow winter...when will they be happy? That's why I have to laugh when I see people in the preseason get happy over a cold/snowy winter.

You wish to cure us...

But I say to you, WE are the cure...

If we aren't going to get a big event 10"+ I wish it would warm up. At this rate it's going to be April before I can play some golf or hike again. I hate the look of the trough axis. Too Far East for a big hug I think although maybe in march something can pop with the shorter wavelengths.

This. I've had enough of my fingers numbing up on a 10-minute walk to class.

Posted at midnight...lol:

Models are starting the North Adjustment as we have thought would happen all day.

AGAIN ANYWHERE FROM HARRISBURG TO DC IS IN THE GAME FOR THE GOOD STUFF !!!

Here's our map from earlier.

NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED. TROLLS WILL BE BANNED. FINAL CALL MAP, TIMELINE AND DETAILS WILL BE RELEASED TOMORROW EARLY AFTERNOON.

1398558_668258389898617_1843903826_o.jpg

So when your team gets eliminated in playoffs you don't feel the least bit let down? I'm not saying it's healthy to go into some state of depression over it, but I think its normal to feel disapointed / angry for a day or so over the outcome, then you move on and look forward to next season, or in case of a big snow storm, the next threat. The fact this storm was modeled at 12+ on all guidance for several days then devolved into 1-2 inches is going to invoke emotions. Now if you can't move on that might be another issue.

Using the sports analogy again, after a bad loss or playoff elimination think back to some of the calls these sports talk shows get and they don't sound all that different from what people are saying here. It's just a more socially accepted hobby to be a ravid sports fan I guess.

Once we get into mid March I feel the same way. No reason to endure cold and dry. If we are going to have an active snowy pattern then bring it, otherwise lets start the gardening season.

So when your team gets eliminated in playoffs you don't feel the least bit let down?

I've been on the receiving end of mortars and rockets. Sports and weather are have absolutely zero emotional/mental impact on me. They're merely something distracting to engage in to pass time. Hence, #firstworldproblems.

Archived