Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2013-14 New England Snow Total-Table

Kevin W

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just updated with 8" today.  I don't have an accurate reading, but I had over 6" on what I was confident in yesterday.  Greenfield and Ashfield are both reporting 11", Leyden's coming in with 9.  So, I think i'm reasonably accurate, trying to err on the side of conservative.

Helluva way to run a snowpack.  32" on the season and have gone to nearly bare ground twice so far.  Can I do it a third time on Monday???

3.8/-1

I just updated with 8" today.  I don't have an accurate reading, but I had over 6" on what I was confident in yesterday.  Greenfield and Ashfield are both reporting 11", Leyden's coming in with 9.  So, I think i'm reasonably accurate, trying to err on the side of conservative.

Helluva way to run a snowpack.  32" on the season and have gone to nearly bare ground twice so far.  Can I do it a third time on Monday???

3.8/-1

Yeah, I thought some reports around here might have been high but I was not on top of my measurements for this storm. 

The snow was coming down close to 1"/ hr  for a while last night even with poor snow growth.

28"  on the season.  Not too shabby a winter so far, too bad we've had the torches.

Would love for it to continue, Mike. There's a nice bulletproof snowpack under this most recent snowfall. Makes the mini torches a little more bearable.

No doubt.  I suspect the ice in the kennebec is impressive.  I used to love walking along the south end boat launch and watching/hearing them crash into rocks and into each other. 

No doubt.  I suspect the ice in the kennebec is impressive.  I used to love walking along the south end boat launch and watching/hearing them crash into rocks and into each other.

The cove I live on is frozen enough to walk on, and has been for a while. I can see arctic sea smoke over at Hell's Gate, so it must be open. The sea smoke is not as widespread this morning as past mornings. No smoke at Fiddler's Reach, so that stretch is probably iced over.

I like going to the south end boat launch in the winter to watch the massive ice sheets float down the river. Bald Eagles are often seen getting a free ride on a chunk of ice. Coast Guard ice cutters will more than likely be heading up river again this winter.

Smelt camps have been open for two weeks or more, compared to the last few years when it was mid-Jan before they had safe ice on the Kennebec.

Also good to see more of the Maine folks on this table.  Now if we can get the Raymond rockpile in the game...  I think he's measured enough to keep me at the bottom of the Maineiacs, though I suspect we're all about equal for current snowpack.

kevininma - my record for 13/14 is gone? or am i missing something

Nah, not gone, just "de-activated". When I see members not updating, I do that until they update. I like to show only those totals that are pretty much up to date. You can update yours if you wish.

Archived