SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2013-14 New England Snow Total-Table

Kevin W

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how I got to 100 on this table it was changed on 3/16. it should be 96.5 after 10" today. I had 86.5 going into this storm. I've been editing the table myself all season. Did someone add 13.5" to my total on Sat?  Anyway I changed it back to 96.5" 

It was me. Occasionally, I'll skim through posts and signatures to update the table. I generally know who self-updates and who doesn't, but it can be tough to know for sure from event to event. I'm not sure where I got the 100" number but you took care of it, so no biggie. I made a note to leave your total alone since you're on top of it. ;)

It was me. Occasionally, I'll skim through posts and signatures to update the table. I generally know who self-updates and who doesn't, but it can be tough to know for sure from event to event. I'm not sure where I got the 100" number but you took care of it, so no biggie. I made a note to leave your total alone since you're on top of it. ;)

Ok no prob. I figured it was you. Great work BTW thanks for doing this. 

Wow that's awesome!! Nice!!

We've been in the right spot so many times this season.  Especially 11/6, 12/29, and 2/8.   Between 2003-2010, it seemed like we were always on the very low end of CT snow totals to the point where I was wondering if it was something geographical.  Since then, we've done quite well (relatively speaking), which has convinced me that the earlier years was mostly a string of bad luck.  Obviously, the river valley has some effect, but I don't think it's nearly as big as I thought it was (or as dramatic as it can be farther north where the elevation change is more substantial).

I've lost my pre 2010 records, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've had more than 70" for a season since I started keeping track in 2004.

Ouch, I can't imagine losing my stats considering how much effort that I've put into it. I back up everything online so if my computer ever goes up in smoke I can get them back.

Ouch, I can't imagine losing my stats considering how much effort that I've put into it. I back up everything online so if my computer ever goes up in smoke I can get them back.

I was only keeping track since about 2006-2007, so it wasn't too bad. I had the data in the database attached to the old eastern wx forum.  It didn't occur to me that the site would vanish.  Now I keep the data backed up locally and in the cloud.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to mention this at the time but I believe KevinMA added these together(+4 and +5) instead of only adding the 5". You may want to doublecheck

The way I followed this thread, and knowing Bob, all I did was update his total to reflect the 5". Double-checking is always good too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived