joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013-14 New England Snow Total-Table

Kevin W

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have not kept a seasonal total, but got 19" from the latest storm, would guess another 9" total over the season, got 5" in the november deal, a couple of inches on the 29th(was in lake placid), an inch on the 16th, 1/2 inch dec 26th, and assorted 1/2 inch snowfalls from the past few clippers...

So would say 28" seasonal total, but that's not definite, if you choose to include it, a disclaimer would be advised.

-skisheep

have not kept a seasonal total, but got 19" from the latest storm, would guess another 9" total over the season, got 5" in the november deal, a couple of inches on the 29th(was in lake placid), an inch on the 16th, 1/2 inch dec 26th, and assorted 1/2 inch snowfalls from the past few clippers...

So would say 28" seasonal total, but that's not definite, if you choose to include it, a disclaimer would be advised.

-skisheep

You're in with 28". It can be adjusted accordingly whenever you want.

Plainville, CT: 64.2" on season (32" new)

Southbury, CT: 59.3" on season (31.4" new)

Brewster, MA: 28.5" on season (17" new)

That's the largest snowfall since March 11-14, 1888 for the CT locations and since December 19, 2009 (19.5") for Brester, MA.

Oh and Brewster is finally no longer beating BOS.

Lots of color changes on the map also.

Kevin, are you planning to add any additional color categories to the map?  They wouldn’t have to be in 6-inch increments for higher brackets if you’re running out of options of course, but it depends on how you want to visualize it.  Thanks for all your data and map maintenance!

Kevin, are you planning to add any additional color categories to the map?  They wouldn’t have to be in 6-inch increments for higher brackets if you’re running out of options of course, but it depends on how you want to visualize it.  Thanks for all your data and map maintenance!

Good point. I knew this would be an issue for ski country, because of the much higher totals there. It's a pain coming up with a decent scale for everybody. If I knew in advance what snow totals would actually be, it would have been a lot easier. It now looks as though I should just change it to 12" increments instead of 6". I am going to change it when I get some time.

Archived