joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sandy VI disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still surprised at the wind forecast up here...the zones from BTV seem just as bad as SNE. Tomorrow BTV is going up to 50mph, then 75mph tomorrow night, and 65mph on Tuesday for gusts. I'm surprised BOXisnt higher based on NWS this far north.

Monday

Cloudy. A chance of rain in the afternoon. Windy with highs around 60. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph...increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Monday Night

Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Very windy with lows in the mid 50s. East winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 75 mph.

Tuesday

Rain likely. Very windy with highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

I'm still surprised at the wind forecast up here...the zones from BTV seem just as bad as SNE. Tomorrow BTV is going up to 50mph, then 75mph tomorrow night, and 65mph on Tuesday for gusts. I'm surprised BOXisnt higher based on NWS this far north.

Monday

Cloudy. A chance of rain in the afternoon. Windy with highs around 60. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph...increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Monday Night

Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Very windy with lows in the mid 50s. East winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 75 mph.

Tuesday

Rain likely. Very windy with highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

yeah but no ones power will go out except on the shorelines so it's okay.

gust_f31.gif

The news should send crews to Litchfield county CT....it will be much worse there than the south coast. What a conspiracy.

C'mon Will, you know what I'm getting at. Obviously the shoreline will be much much worse but to say that only a few people north of 84 will lose power is stupid. You can't compare two unlike things...the threat on the shoreline is obviously a different animal, I'm not an idiot.

C'mon Will, you know what I'm getting at. Obviously the shoreline will be much much worse but to say that only a few people north of 84 will lose power is stupid. You can't compare two unlike things...the threat on the shoreline is obviously a different animal, I'm not an idiot.

We all know the shoreline is going to be a major and complete disaster, but anyone downplaying the wind threat inland just doesn't have a clue.

yeah but no ones power will go out except on the shorelines so it's okay.

Right in line with my comment. Either they are overestimating what we'll be getting for winds (I think they are) or underestimateing what the southern/coastal areas are getting (they probably are). There's no way they will be uniform like that.

Just had my first 20mph 'gust'.

Archived