Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Sandy VI disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blizzard warnings up for parts of VA, WV, and MD.

Man, oh man. This is Tippy's tropical storm mixed with cold air.... check out this forecast for Snowshoe, West Virginia!

Monday: Snow with areas of blowing snow. High near 32. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow with areas of blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 36 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow with areas of blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 29. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 36 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Tuesday Night: Snow. Low around 28. Breezy, with a west wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 31. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

I rarely hype..but when I do..I'm the most dangerous man in the world

I got to admit Kev you do go off the deep end on occasion, but I bit into your hype on Monday, bought my generator that day and had it wired Thursday and I am glad that I did.

Do we know what the foliage maps look like for CT? Most trees have shed there leaves in my area, so I think that will help minimize some outages.

I got to admit Kev you do go off the deep end on occasion, but I bit into your hype on Monday, bought my generator that day and had it wired Thursday and I am glad that I did.

Do we know what the foliage maps look like for CT? Most trees have shed there leaves in my area, so I think that will help minimize some outages.

Oaks in this area still leaved, and some maples still have some leaves left... but most leaves have dropped. I'm 10 miles from the coast though.. far SW CT tends to drop later I think.

(lyme CT).

This is academic, but the 18z GFS was north a little. It's particularly notable when you look at surface winds on the high res maps. Smokes all of LI with 50-70 knot winds now around 27 hours out. That's a bump north with those winds. "center" of circulation is also north perhaps 50+ miles. Again, one model, just amusing myself by looking....At 30 hours it's plopped right over Asbury Park on the 18z

Chris M screw dropsound LI buoy gusts to 47knots

The VAD's will be fun to watch through the storm...

OKX radar showing a solid 40-45kts sustained just off the deck now in the 2000-5000ft range. That would explain the gusts occasionally reaching the surface around 45kts on the open water.

BOX at 25-35kts at 1K-5Kft over the radar site...

Why would they shut the highways down? Won't be hazardous to drive just because of wind and a little rain, and lots of people do have to go to work tomorrow. Commute will probably be a breeze (pardon the pun).

I highly doubt you or anyone else except essential EE's will be going to work tomorrow. the state will essentially be shutdown with winds gusting 70-80mph

So maybe Ryan can agree, but I think the interior of CT, especially SW CT are most at risk for whiplash LLJ that occurs as CAA steepens lapse rates. This occurs after 7-8pm depending on timing.

I agree. I think we see 2 wind maxes... one prior to landfall. And then a 2 hour period of ripping on southerly LLJ post landfall.

If landfall is 00z... that's a full 4 hours prior to high tide. Unfortunately winds will still be onshore post landfall.

Archived