Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could be.. This is where more power outages could occur as the winds will now be coming out of the south. Just checking the NWS, the high wind warning continues for South Jersey for damaging winds of 50 to 60mph with gusts to 80mph. Plus, if you check the radar more bands showing up just off the Jersey shore. Those probably contain more damaging winds.

So, expect very strong to damaging winds overnight.

Relatively calm here right now compared to what's coming. We're relatively close to one another. Just took another walk in the yard to check out the winds (we back to woods). All I smell is decaying leaves, no ocean. I've seen a few people here and on FB saying that it smells like the ocean. Strange...

I live to your southwest on the ridge near Seisholtzville........I saw the flashes up your way as your power went out. I'm amazed I still have power. What do you think the wind is gusting to around here? Sounds scary!

I'm near Wetzel's garage if you know where that is.. I can't guess on the winds but they creak the house now and then. Velocity on the radar showing a large area of 65mph but that's probably above us.

Archived