SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know its pretty bad when a met tells you that your subforum is the worst on the board right now re: the discussion of sandy/potential of the nor'easter

That's because we all know that the MA will be excluded from anything fun. Why get all worked up and hug models when a breezy sprinkle is the most likely scenario?

Granted, out of all the possibly affected regions, it's us and the GLOV forums that are more on the fringes of the seemingly most likely solution, so I wouldn't expect the core of the discussion to be here, anyway.

Lots of commas.

Also, we make a lot more sarcastic/joking posts instead of diving into the more serious discussion... which is fine at this range, I guess.

Granted, out of all the possibly affected regions, it's us and the GLOV forums that are more on the fringes of the seemingly most likely solution, so I wouldn't expect the core of the discussion to be here, anyway.

Lots of commas.

Also, we make a lot more sarcastic/joking posts instead of diving into the more serious discussion... which is fine at this range, I guess.

Thats fine - lets do it here in the banter thread and try and leave the other thread for serious discussion. Even if we don't get snow out of this, we could see flooding/winds.

It sucks to get a message from a met saying "your subforum is the worst"

I see the children have taken over....

You mean like the kid who caused this thread to be created because they were crapping up the storm discussion thread with pouting that the Mid-Atlantic never ever ever ever omg never ever gets interesting weather? It was sort of adorable in a little boy throwing a fitty sort of way but not in a discussion thread.

You mean like the kid who caused this thread to be created because they were crapping up the storm discussion thread with pouting that the Mid-Atlantic never ever ever ever omg never ever gets interesting weather? It was sort of adorable in a little boy throwing a fitty sort of way but not in a discussion thread.

pwned :lol:

Yeah, because that's what I did.

Yeah, because that's what I did.

There have been some major weather events over the last 10 years in Maryland. Look, if you don't like the weather, I don't know, one day when you're grown up you can move somewhere that has whatever the hell you think has interesting weather.

Otherwise, keep your expectations tiny, that way you won't be so whiny.

There have been some major weather events over the last 10 years in Maryland. Look, if you don't like the weather, I don't know, one day when you're grown up you can move somewhere that has whatever the hell you think has interesting weather.

Otherwise, keep your expectations tiny, that way you won't be so whiny.

omg, this could be the line of the year!

I'll go ahead and apologize for causing such a frenzy in the other thread. I never meant to get people in such a tizzy by stating that our wx was boring. I'm certainly no snow weenie despite the name, I'm around all year.

To trixie - I love you too! (even though we've never met)

And no, I'm not leaving unless banned. I love this joint.

You know its pretty bad when a met tells you that your subforum is the worst on the board right now re: the discussion of sandy/potential of the nor'easter

I thought we were having fun bantering in the thread. Heck a week out, I don't see anything wrong with banter. It's makes as much sense as posting the latest DT facebook pronouncements or trying to say that you actually know whats going to happen. If the storm was 3 or 4 days away, then I could see it being strickly a weather weenie met discussion without much banter. At this time range, the banter is the fun and a banter thread lacks spontaneity. Oh well, just my opinion. It's time to go blow leaves into the woods so they can blow back when Sandy passes.

I thought we were having fun bantering in the thread. Heck a week out, I don't see anything wrong with banter. It's makes as much sense as posting the latest DT facebook pronouncements or trying to say that you actually know whats going to happen. If the storm was 3 or 4 days away, then I could see it being strickly a weather weenie met discussion without much banter. At this time range, the banter is the fun and a banter thread lacks spontaneity. Oh well, just my opinion. It's time to go blow leaves into the woods so they can blow back when Sandy passes.

I dunno.......banter threads seemed to work last winter and as far as spontaneity, if anything in the main thread goes towards the banter direction, it can always be quoted and brought right here.

Nothing wrong with banter at all - in the appropriate thread, which we now have. So banter away!! :)

Archived