• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy

Wonderdog

It might be the most impressive fantasy run I've ever seen for the area. Maybe I forgot one.

While it seems there's a lot of different solutions on the table they are all somewhat interesting. These hybrid jet influenced sys are often decent when they come together right.

DGEX 40"+ takes the cake I think. We've had other tropical runs that would have been hits, but they have generally been stand-alone in fantasy range. There is support for something interesting somewhere in the vicinity at least.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

954 over DC lololol

Imagine what that would do to us. Death.

Imagine how many people will say "I thought hurricane season was over!" You guys made me crack up reading the thread. Interesting setup but 7 days out. Hurricane Hunters are tasked to fly into the area tomorrow.

Trick or Treating at the evacuation hotels anyone? :lol:

I really haven't looked at any of the models and have no opinions that anything will even happen.

I just felt compelled to be a part of this thread. :nerdsmiley:

The euro is pretty impressive but it's a day 7 forecast and from snowstorms we know what that usually means. Most of the model runs have something but they differ quite a bit on where it will end up.

The euro is pretty impressive but it's a day 7 forecast and from snowstorms we know what that usually means. Most of the model runs have something but they differ quite a bit on where it will end up.

Gosh Wes, I know you are retired but sure do hope you share your thoughts

this week. It seems that more of the dispassionate members are posting

that the extreme example has a 5% to 10% probability of occurring.

My hunch is that that the storm-beast can at least draw down some cold air for the

first half of November even if a monster hybrid-cane never comes together to

thread the needle and obliterate Connecticut.

I dont think this one will get wrapped up that tight. It is my opinion that it will have trouble maintaining purely tropical charachteristics very early in its life and will start taking on frontal like structure as it starts to pull away from Florida. Looking at guidance data it will probably be a rather large system and I would say there is a higher probability of an in close/landfalling track than there is of one going OTS. How deep this one gets remains to be seen!

:popcorn:

Euro says.. Capture Sandy and track from 958 mb just off ACY to 952 over Reading, PA to 968 back over Erie,PA before stacking. Back end temps in the lower 30's. Precip falling for ~ 6 hours on the back end. If that happens I will personally $h*t my pants...

Lol I think this would be a reaction of many.

Archived