• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Could/Should Am.Wx. produce and hold it's own weather/spotter classes

Was thinking that with the absence of the Conferences for the foreseeable future, should (and can) American Weather put on it's own classes for folks interested in weather who want to learn more and like the class room environment. This could be done somewhat like the Skywarn classes, but not a Skywarn class in itself (not that would be out of the question either). It would mostly be a general interest, education, weenism kinda of deal and one that would be small scale and could be held in different areas.

Of course it would probably be eastern US heavy as the membership is heavily based there, but could expand into other areas. I could see both members and invitees to teach/hold the small classes. I suspect fees would have to be charged to cover space and materials. Unlike the Skywarn classes, this would be based for the general public to learn, but not necessarily to teach reporting of weather conditions. It also would be a means for some of the members to meet in smaller social meet-ups.

Just thinking off the top of my head. Discuss!

I like the idea of online instructional videos. Once we get our model center page going, I plan to starting find ways build content beyond the board itself. I'd like to utilize Invision's content management software and perhaps its blogging application tailored for our mets and pro forecasters to freely publish (or sell) their content to our user base.

I like the idea of online instructional videos. Once we get our model center page going, I plan to starting find ways build content beyond the board itself. I'd like to utilize Invision's content management software and perhaps its blogging application tailored for our mets and pro forecasters to freely publish (or sell) their content to our user base.

This is forward thinking. Forums to some degree struggle in the social media age. Kinda why I was thinking about classes, etc. I know I tossed the idea up before even mentioning it to the board staff...but it was just tossing ideas around...no expectation. Frankly with the demands of time, probably not likely...but sometimes spaghetti sticks when you throw it on the wall.

Archived