Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MD/VA/DC/WVA 12/16/10 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little more analog fun...

I've been tracking the analog dates since early November to see if there's a favored set of years. Guess what? There are!

The good news ones are:

65-66

77-78

78-79

79-80

The not so encouraging ones:

54-55

55-56

56-57

68-69

03-04

58-59

Now, the worst news, multiple of the "bad set" have been showing up in the top third of all the analogs since early November while generally one or two of the "good set" will show up towards the bottom of each day's analog list.

It's been snowing for the last half-hour here along the Potomac near National Airport. Awnings are covered, as are untreated sidewalks and parking lots.

They FINALLY sent another spreader truck by as the roads were starting to be covered over too.

A little more analog fun...

I've been tracking the analog dates since early November to see if there's a favored set of years. Guess what? There are!

The good news ones are:

65-66

77-78

78-79

79-80

The not so encouraging ones:

54-55

55-56

56-57

68-69

03-04

58-59

Now, the worst news, multiple of the "bad set" have been showing up in the top third of all the analogs since early November while generally one or two of the "good set" will show up towards the bottom of each day's analog list.

I've had the same thought when looking at them. Rightnow the 1955-56 and 1954-55 analogs are near the top and are showing up more than any of the other year, both were also moderate to strong ninas.

It's snowing in northern Calvert County, MD. It started around 15 minutes ago with a temp of 23.

Try CoCoRaHS website. Under Map Type select "New Snow". Map is clickable. http://www.cocorahs.....aspx?state=usa
Yeah, I am a CoCoRaHS observer actually, so I probably should have thought of that. Only catch is that most CoCoRaHS observations are submitted at 7am so the totals are not up to date. Most measurements from southern Ohio are around 2 inches or so, and there is still some snow falling out there, so maybe we would bust high if that translated further east.

Archived