Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
4th Tri-State Weather Conference

Turtle

• 2 weeks later...

I probably won't be going from West Hartford though. I have stuff to do down on the shore Friday night and would probably just go straight there.

That's fine.

I didn't notice this thread until just now...had I knew about it earlier I could probably have easily gotten there.

I'll be going to the SNE wx conference anyways and I'm real pumped about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Great day in DXR.

Bob Hart's presentation on 1938 was pretty terrifying from an emergency management/operational forecasting perspective. The obvious issues with intensity forecasts for a ET that goes to warm seclusion as we've talked about before and the likely earlier arrival of the storm than forecast.

The new part of his talk was what is the worst case scenario? The 1893 storm was apparently undergoing fujiwhara interaction with a strong hurricane on its heels in the Atlantic. That helped steer the storm a bit closer to the coast but the interesting thing was just how horrible models handled the track given the re-analyzed initial conditions. 72 hours out the ensemble spread was basically Savannah to east of ACK.

I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did! Turtle I have to say your presentation was very well-done, probably my favorite. :) One thing I will say though, being a winter weather weenie, I was a little disappointed we didn't have a presentation about any aspects of the winter of 2010-2011.

Hey man... I didn't see you there!

Archived