Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2013 Farmers Almanac Winter Outlook

MJO812

I had close to 40 inches that winter.

southern Brooklyn averages less snow than Central Park...I lived on 64ST which was in the SW part and we always changed to rain before the city...I remember many times this happened...This leads to less snow on average...I measured around 48" in 1993-94...5" less than CP...1995-96 I had 72"...CP had 76"...the Feb. 1995 storm changed to rain at least an hour before the city and I ended up with 8" while the city got 11"...

southern Brooklyn averages less snow than Central Park...I lived on 64ST which was in the SW part and we always changed to rain before the city...I remember many times this happened...This leads to less snow on average...I measured around 48" in 1993-94...5" less than CP...1995-96 I had 72"...CP had 76"...the Feb. 1995 storm changed to rain at least an hour before the city and I ended up with 8" while the city got 11"...

Yes but not all the time.

why does Harriman seem to jackpot all the time? There are places with better elevation nearby, no?

A weenie observer there?

In all seriousness, it might have to do with the relative surrounding terrain too. There are areas west of me at similar elevation, but definitely get less snow overall due to downsloping.

Archived