• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Acu-Rite Weather Stations

Voyager

With convective rain, you can get a difference of 0.05-0.1inch or more over a distance of yards. I've seen it pour in the apartment area about 100 feet behind my house I and was getting nothing.

Steve

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure the icing didn't screw up the rain gauge when it froze inside. 

We just had another rain yesterday and nearby stations reported 0.24 and 0.20 and I got 0.23 so I guess it's working fine.

• 10 months later...

I got this as a Christmas present.. So far, it seems pretty good, there is an option to report actual barometric pressure thru the computer via my backyard weather and as a pws on wunderground that is accurate, but the reading on the actual console cannot be changed and is,way off.. But to me that is not a big deal since I get the correct info from the data being transferred to wundeground

A year and a half later and I still like mine. While not 100% accurate, if you gently brush the snow away from the area around the cups, but leave it on top of the rain gauge, when it melts, it will give an acceptable (in my unofficial book anyway) measurement. Wind is an issue, but in talking with Ray (famartin), it's more an effect of being too low and having some blockage around me. I've never recorded a gust higher than 24 mph, even during Sandy.

Overall, for a hobbyist who isn't into detailed record keeping but wants more than just temperature and dewpoint readings, the Accu-Rite unit is a good deal for the money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just purchased a 1515 Weather station. It is working just fine. I have a 1015 Sensor that I would like to access off the same display. The newer 1515 is set to program A. Can I set the other sensor to program C and receive the information on Program C of the Display?

• 3 months later...

Considering getting this one since it's marked down right now... Glad to see the positive feedback from y'all.

Pro Digital Weather Station with Forecast / Temperature / Humidity / Wind / Rain 01506 / 01524

MSRP: $149.99

Sale price: $114.99

Availability: In stock

http://www.acurite.com/sale/pro-digital-weather-station-with-forecast-temperature-humidity-wind-rain-01506.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So, very sorry to revive a super old thread. But I am currently looking to buy a new station after having used the Davis vantage Vue in the past. I liked the 2 second wind updates for capturing actual speeds. However my new house isn't in a great area topographically to accurately measure high gusts I think. Is the 18 second update speed on these acurite stations an average of the 18 seconds or will it actually give you the highest say 1 or 2 second instantenous gust it measured in that time?

I'm just not sure I can justify the extra cash for the Davis plus it's insanely expensive PC connect. Seems like the reviews on these 5-1 systems are decent...thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 1:43 PM, wxdudemike said:

So, very sorry to revive a super old thread. But I am currently looking to buy a new station after having used the Davis vantage Vue in the past. I liked the 2 second wind updates for capturing actual speeds. However my new house isn't in a great area topographically to accurately measure high gusts I think. Is the 18 second update speed on these acurite stations an average of the 18 seconds or will it actually give you the highest say 1 or 2 second instantenous gust it measured in that time?

I'm just not sure I can justify the extra cash for the Davis plus it's insanely expensive PC connect. Seems like the reviews on these 5-1 systems are decent...thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I don't know what the parameters for highest wind gust is (2 sec or 18 sec) but...in the case of my station, I've never recorded a gust higher than 29 mph, not even during Sandy when I'm pretty sure we had to have gusts at least into the 40 mph range. Now, perhaps I had a defective wind sensor, I don't know. I did pull the cups off shortly after I bought it and lubricated the post they sat on because it appeared as if they were stuck. They'd be still in a light breeze. Perhaps that messed it up.

Other than that, I've enjoyed my station immensely. The rain gauge is spot on accurate as there is a USGS automated gauge 2 blocks from my house and we are usually within a couple hundredths of an inch of each other during rain events.

The fan aspirated temperature sensor works well also, and was quite accurate.

After 5 years of being outside, I think the temp and humidity sensor has taken a dump. When it's dry, I have 98% humidity and when it's raining I show 2%, and the other day I recorded temperatures more like Phoenix AZ (112/80) than Pennsylvania. Still, for a rather economical, basic sattion, it's served me well. I'll most likely buy another one when I can find one. Our Walmart doesn't carry it anymore.

Hope this helps.

Archived