• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian

September 2012 obs/discussion

Sitting on the front porch earlier as storms moved in we saw at least four huge branching cloud to cloud lightning flashes overhead. Caught one with the cell phone. Had a few CGs strikes nearby during the storm that were crazy loud.

More lightning and thunder

Expansive cloud to cloud lightning here. One deep roar after that.

I must have been pretty freaking exhausted, as I slept through whatever storms we did get last night

3/4" last night. I'll take it!

Muggy 64 right now. DCA has clinched another + departure month.

And finally a + departure on precipitation, after the first eight months were below normal -- 4.29 inches so far at DCA in September 2012 vs. 3.72 inch average 1981-2010.

1.4" in my gage from yesterday afternoon through overnight. Pretty potent t-storms got us nearly an inch, and prolonged period of steady rain afterwards and 1 more breif weaker t-storm around 10:30 PM got us another half-inch. Couldn't believe how friggin' warm it was yesterday, just miserable - but not 2010 miserable at least.

Can you guys stop hogging the storms up there? :(

We've gotta be running out of time soon. Maybe Yoda knows.

Went to bed last night to lightning off to my E. and rain showers. My husband asked if I heard the storm that came through in the early hours of today. I did not, he did say it was not as loud as the previous early morning storm that came through yesterday.