Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2012 obs/discussion

Ian

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Euro has 2"+ across the whole area, 3"+ se of DC starting Sunday.

It will be interesting to see where the precip max ends up. If the upper low holds together enough to keep a viable 500h circulation, the heaviest rain will probably be to our west. IF it is a flatter open system/just a weak trough with lots of moisture associated with it, then to our southeast seems reasonable.

It will be interesting to see where the precip max ends up. If the upper low holds together enough to keep a viable 500h circulation, the heaviest rain will probably be to our west. IF it is a flatter open system/just a weak trough with lots of moisture associated with it, then to our southeast seems reasonable.

I think areas west still end up with as much or more given they get rain prior to that period as well.

Sunday through Wednesday. Maybe a break somewhere in there .. less precip on Monday. Get a bit of a sfc reflection along front by Wed.

Spread out like the GFS with a break as well just more moisture...at least for back here GFS has about 1.48 so for now it sounds lovely to my ears

Spread out like the GFS with a break as well just more moisture...at least for back here GFS has about 1.48 so for now it sounds lovely to my ears

yeah im not sure i'd bank on the later period yet tho it has about 1" by overnight sunday into monday which probably means some places would get more -- perhaps significantly more.

Planning on heading out to the Grand Prix with the kids on Sunday, what does the rain situation look like at this point ? Thanks.

Same here... per the Euro looks like Baltimore would be getting light showers while the heavier stuff would be just to our west and south. Bring an umbrella.

Not sure much rain has to fall for them to call the race.

I heard they will race on a damp road, however once ponding on the track starts to occur they must stop.

Same here... per the Euro looks like Baltimore would be getting light showers while the heavier stuff would be just to our west and south. Bring an umbrella.

Not sure much rain has to fall for them to call the race.

Yay! A rain shower in progress.

Charleston, WV will probably end up setting a record for driest August ever and the third driest month on record. Records go back to The 1890s.

August finished with 2.14" of rain out here...would be fun to get that much the first week of September...

Wow. 5.41" at my station for August, in between you guys. Feel pretty fortunate.

Been getting thunder here since 3:00. No rain as that cell has slid to my SW. Awesome skies though.

hefty cell. some hints of rotation tho im not sure if it's real or terrain. other storms looking nicer too..

Archived